Rise of Ganon - Anniversary Edition RELEASED

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:57 PM

After about 5 years or so, I decided to re-release my favorite quest I created, Rise of Ganon, in 2.5, complete with some system specific changes, and a few things moved around as well. Anyhoo, just like the good ole' days, ask some questions, and I'll answer them....Maybe....Possibly....Who knows. If there's any bugs we missed as well, make sure to PM me and I'll get around to updating those fixes. I'm also fully welcome to any sort of in-depth review or critique, so I can apply these ideas to future quests. Happy questing!

Edited by KenMeister, 05 June 2015 - 06:28 PM.

• Eddy likes this

#2 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:19 AM

I noticed some friends of mine had mentioned that the original settings for continuing HP were a bit unforgiving, and given how ridiculous the quest can get around level 7, I made an update in regards to that, where you start off with 75% HP after death.

Edited by KenMeister, 21 March 2015 - 10:44 AM.

• Eddy and MrMario7788 like this

#3 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:22 PM

After getting the Power glove in level 9 you can push a block in the mountins that shows a number. What means with that ?

#4 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:33 PM

It's a secret to everybody! lol It stands for a screen position.

#5 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

It's a secret to everybody! lol It stands for a screen position.

Hmmm.....not sure how to use the positions guidiance. You probably know the number........ maybe you can pm me where to go 

#6 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:28 PM

@Lukaz

The positions correspond the grid in ZQuest but I sent you a PM

#7 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:48 PM

Dang, I forgot how hard it was for people finding that level. I actually remember Teamudf in particular just using the Lens of Truth to find it on his own before Level 9. lol

• Lightwulf likes this

#8 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:07 AM

@KenMeister

Yeah I had trouble finding it until you told me where it was as well

I knew it stood for a screen position before you told me but wasn't sure if the start was a 0 or 1

#9 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:25 AM

I have finished this quest for the second time. I remeber i played this for some years ago but can only remember fragments of it. Anyway it´s a really good quest. I don´t know if i rated it but if not, I will do it now / Lukaz

• GamingNomad and Lightwulf like this

#10 tonym

tonym

Initiate

• Members

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

I'm one heart fragment away from being able to get the magic sword and I cannot seem to find that last one. Can someone tell me the locations of the fragments? I've finished levels 1 through 5.

#11 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:52 AM

I'm one heart fragment away from being able to get the magic sword and I cannot seem to find that last one. Can someone tell me the locations of the fragments? I've finished levels 1 through 5.

I dunno what you're missing, so by now the best thing I'd do is backtrack to places with the current items you have and experiment with them to find goodies. Heck, even the flippers can lead to a few secrets, even if it's just a measly pond of water. Also, now that you've finished Level 5, you have access to the first secret dungeon, which has an extra heart container, so go by the old man at Lake Hylia and he'll directly provide hints on how to get there.

#12 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:34 PM

Just made an update to the quest. Added new castle tiles for Hyrule Castle since the original ones were ugly, and added text boxes to the dialogue to make things easier to read.

• SyrianBallaS likes this

#13 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

Cool dude! Who has time these days to make a new quest? Planning, time, managment, headaches, lack of inspiration, shit you're not good at. I think its cool though as long as you enjoy it.

• Avaro likes this

#14 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

Cool dude! Who has time these days to make a new quest? Planning, time, managment, headaches, lack of inspiration, shit you're not good at. I think its cool though as long as you enjoy it.

I'd like to make a new quest, but I have so many ideas that float around in my head that I can't really think of what to implement first. Also, my mood-swinging inspiration and lack of free time make it difficult for me to make another quest and commit to it in the first place. (especially when I don't know how to script)

Edited by KenMeister, 26 May 2015 - 05:28 PM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#15 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:40 PM

Just made an update to the quest. Added new castle tiles for Hyrule Castle since the original ones were ugly, and added text boxes to the dialogue to make things easier to read.

I'm replaying this quest. When I got to the chest in the right "tower" it was empty. Has the amulet been moved? If so, where is it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users