Photo

Screenshot of the Month 122

Shane Moosh joelmacool12 Mudkipz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Month 122 (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Who had the best screenshot of January 2015?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:09 PM

Moosh - SotW 489

Moosh.gif

No comments please.

joelmacool12 - SotW 490

joelmacool12.png

Its Raining! Oh Noooooo!

Mudkipz - SotW 491

Mudkipz.png

The villagers seem a bit ...odd here

Shane - SotW 492

Shane.png

#2 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

Very good turnout for this Screenshot of the Month. I eventually voted for Mudkipz's screen. Now for my detailed comments and critiques:

Moosh-

• I can say that I have a first hand account of the incredibleness of that boss because of Enemy of the Month. But in any case, this is Screenshot of the Month, not Enemy of the Month, and thus, I have to critique the screenshot itself and nothing more. As to that, the screen overall really fits the enemy that it houses; the entire screen is very icy. The trees in the background don't really match well with the main floor snow tiles, and neither do the clouds, but nonetheless, this is a good sideview screen.
  • 8.5/10 (Great)

joelmacool12-

• This is a very good screen. I really like the variety of trees that were used in this screenshot as variety makes the screen feel less repetitive. The rain also really adds to the screen as a whole. Structurally, I like the "flow" of the screen as it seems very maneuverable. However, one thing that this screen lacks is a better palette. The palette that you use in this screen does seem "dark" enough for the rain, and thus, it seems like it is sunny while it is raining in that shot. Otherwise, great screen!
  • 8.5/10 (Great)

Mudkipz-

• This is an incredible screen. Structurally, this screen is doing well; it is clear to see where to move to. Visually, the screen is also great. The visuals really add to the amazing atmosphere that this screen already possesses, such as the broken houses and the "zombie villagers". The fog in the edge also really adds to the creepy atmosphere. Great job, my vote went here!
  • 9.3/10 (Amazing)

Shane-

• This is another really excellent screen. Structurally, I really like the paths that you have going and the locked fence thing really strikes my interest. Visually, this screen also does really well in the sense that there are some random little cracks in the path and different types of grass and plants. One thing that could make this screen better however is to have a variety of trees as in this shot all the trees are exactly the same. But otherwise, great job!
  • 8.9/10 (Great)

Congratulations to all the submitters for making it to Screenshot of the Month! You all did very well.

• Joelmacool likes this

#3 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:35 PM

these are all good.  I can't pick!  7.5/10 for each, I figure.  I might be back to vote if one strikes me as better than the others.  good stuff, kids!

#4 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:31 AM

This is actually pretty tough. I love all of these shots, but I might have to shift it over to Joelmacool actually. I really like the simplicity of the shot, and even though I think it looks odd to have rain on a bright palette, I really like what he's going for. It also somehow reminds me of the Oracles with a more HD tileset. Voted here.

The other 3 shots would've been the runner up. Great work to everyone this month.

#5 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

And the winner of the month preceding the "month of love" and also the first month of 2015 for Screenshot of the Week *deep breath* is Shane!

Shane.png

May this shot bring you Valentines... or something.

Voting totals:

- Moosh - SotW 489 (9 votes [32.14%])

- joelmacool12 - SotW 490 (1 votes [3.57%])
- Mudkipz - SotW 491 (8 votes [28.57%])
- Shane - SotW 492 (10 votes [35.71%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shane, Moosh, joelmacool12, Mudkipz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users