Approaching a Demo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:56 AM

Good news! The next demo is almost ready! This one will have the complete Act I with overworld, ending with the three dungeons from the previous demos. This will introduce some of the game's backstory and help to explain what's going on here.

Bad news! The demo won't be done in time for the expo (which starts - what - tomorrow?). It's dissappointing, but not the end of the world. I'll just have to figure out how to build enough hype for it without the expo factor. Maybe if I could cobble together a trailer...

Anyway, more news - the next demo will be the last public demo before the game's release. There will be more demos, but they will only be for private beta testers. I have 3 open slots left, so if you want to play the Act II demos, just sign up for an "official" beta tester slot.
  • judasrising, Jared, Demonlink and 1 other like this

#2 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:17 AM

Well hey, I wrote a whole new miniboss tonight! I can't divulge too many details, but it's equal parts ferocity and insanity. Note that this is a low-level miniboss, one of the first you ever meet. Still has some vicious attacks, though.

I'll post a video of it in a dev topic... tomorrow. Tonight I'm too tired.

• Jared likes this

#3 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

I lied. I'll link to it here.

Clicky!

Shows not only the new boss, but some other stuffs as well, like a new minigame, and some of those elusive overworld screens.

• Avaro, Jared and Demonlink like this

#4 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

Ey! Them shots look good! But I think the artist has a lack of talents, I mean using a "green" overworld? Please! :lol:

In any case, back to the actual content, I like these goodies that are going to be in Solaris! The archery reminds me of the one from LttP and Phantom Hourglass. But from what you've shown of it, it seems a bit too easy... or is this subtle to add another level of difficulty? Oh yeah, and the Miniboss fight, I like it! I like it, I like it, I like it! :D (Was that a cameo on your brother BTW?) And that glitch thing, marvelous! :D

Dude, you're giving me a damn heart attack with so much hype to expect! Bravo to you good sir!  :clap:

• Avaro likes this

#5 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

That was amazing. Like, everything. I really don't have much else to say.

#6 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:10 PM

The archery minigame is perhaps too easy. I might consider making it harder, but it is an early-game piece of content. For harder minigames, there's the Ninja School and one more I plan to make. (Now I do have to figure out how to make the targets not give you exp...)

The miniboss is indeed a cameo of my bro's character, who is also the star of Kodfest. I figured it would allieviate the dissappointment of Kodfest not being developed anymore while also being just plain hilarious.

You're right, Demonlink. I complimented the mapmaker in the video description just to build hype. He isn't that good, but I take what I can get.

• Avaro and Demonlink like this

#7 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

Man, I like what I'm seeing here! Great job you guys :D

• Demonlink likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users