RPG.zh: RPG System Engine for Zelda Classic
21st November, 2015
The present version is Alpha 0.97.7, although that is not a public build. I have hopes of releasing Alpha 1.0.0 in the Spring.
The newest extension is an enemy AI system, which is still in the initial planning, and design phase.
Present contributors: coolgamer012345, ywkls
Pending contributors: Binx, grayswandir
Documentation: ywkls, ZoriaRPG
Note: The latest build is a0,97.4. This is as yet, unreleased, pending some changes, and further testing.
Update: RPG.zh (alpha) v0.96.8 - 21st May, 2015.
Various additions, new framework components, new engine components.
Added modern, RPG-style enemy damage values drawn on each hit.
Deprecated functions into RPG_Legacy.zlib.
Additional item, and equipment functions.
Status bar functions.
Update: RPG.zh (alpha) v0.92 - 5th May, 2015.
Broken into separated library files.
Update: RPG.zh (alpha) v0.85 - 30th July, 2014.
Adding: Additional in-line contributor credits.
Update: RPG.zh (alpha) v0.84 - 25th July, 2014. 91K, ~3,000 lines.
Adding: Functions for FFC governance, to determine relative position between player, qnd FFC, and facing directions. (Used for menu commands.)
Menu command functions, booleans, and arrays.
Misc other additions.
Update: RPG.zh (alpha) v0.81 - 5th June, 2014
The header is rather large now (~2,400 lines), consisting primarily of functions associated with making an RPG. It isn't well-documented, but I will take care of that over time.
Functions are broken into categories:
- XP (and XP Counters) Constants, Counters, Variables, and Functions
- Level Functions
- HP & MP Functions
- Statistics Arrays, and Functions
- Monetary System (and banking) Arrays, Variables, and Functions
- Carrying Capacity Arrays & Functions
- Custom Movement Functions
- Armour & Shield Functions (minimal, for edible items; I'll be expanding these).
- Dice-rolling (and other random number generation) Functions
- Skill Check Arrays & Functions
- Saving Throw Arrays & Functions
- Saving Throw Failure Effects
- Elemental (and other) Resistance Arrays & Functions
- Misc Functions
- Game Freeze Functions (needed for menu systems)
- Clothing Functions (not much here, as yet)
- Armour System -- Will require stdWeapons, stdCombos, and related headers.
- Weapon Functions & Weapon / Item Scripts -- Requires stdWeaons, stdCombos, related headers, and other functions that aren't yet fully de-bugged.
- Tango Menu Extensions -- As an optional extra.
- Tango Font Packs --Also optional extras.
I already have much of the weapon system completed, but it's not included in this package, as I'm still testing it, and it would be best served as an imported file.
This does not include a global script. i will be making a cleaner global script, when I re-package this, breaking up the constants, variables, arrays, and functions into separate files by type, and sub-type.
I'll be adding (optional) Tango menus as a framework, once I have more done on this. (I do have working JRPG menus now, thanks to Saffith, but I;d like to make a package with a basic set-up tutorial as an extension to this.
- Feel free to examine it, use it, print it out and burn it, or whatever you please.
- If you encounter any bugs, please report them to me in a PM, or post them here.
- If you've any functions that you want me to add, please post them here.
Note: Some functions are superfluous, and included only for compatibility with older builds. Others are multiple variations of similar functions, that allow flexibility in use.
Note 2: If you're using ghost.zh, uncomment line 254, and line 260. These freeze ghost action, when using the freezeAction() and the unfreezeAction() functions.
Edited by ZoriaRPG, 21 November 2015 - 11:23 AM.