• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

Check out my 5th quest!

I hope you enjoy it! Please, feel free to ask any questions and provide feedback (good and bad)!

I'm so excited!

PnW!

#2 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'll check this out too, since I'm probably going to be a judge for the contest quests. :)

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hey I tried out your v3 demo of this when you uploaded it and I was wandering around the overworld without any sign of Level 1. The dungeon is not where Level 1 typically is. So in what direction from the starting screen should I be heading? :)

#4 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

Level 1 is where the fairy spring was originally. The fairy spring is now where level 2 used to be. Clues for the other levels are found inside the dungeons and clues for maze paths are in 'pay to talk' rooms.

• Avaro likes this

#5 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

Version 4 of the 'demo' is uploaded now. Grab it when it gets approved because it has a lot of positive changes. The best change is the ability to use an overworld map now. If you run into any problems, please post here and I'll help as I can :) The spoiler is hiding a world map. MAP SPOILER!!!

edit: one last thing... this is a full quest now. I'll switch it after the contest is over.

Edited by peteandwally, 31 October 2013 - 12:33 AM.

#6 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

I feel like this quest is complete now. Are there any guadelines about switching it from a quest project to a submitted quest?

Here's a link to the most up-to-date version! Thanks for playing :)

~PnW

#7 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

Beat level 1, found 2 hc, raft, blue candle, white sword. Haven't gone looking for level 2 yet. Distracted by the "new" overworld. I think its a pretty fresh idea, but probably doesn't fit the contest. Also does no enemy drop bombs anymore?

edit: forgot to mention that your level 1 compass marker is incorrect based on the rules. Should be the triforce room not boss room. haven't hit any other dungeons yet to see if this was intentional or just a bug with this level.

Edited by justin, 18 November 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#8 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

Awesome! Level 2 is behind a maze path in that first part of the overworld. A few people had a hard time getting to it, but you should be able to hit the spacebar and see which screens you've visited already to narrow the search. If you follow the giant clue, you might find a walk-through mountain path that grants you the blue ring shop before getting the ladder!... it is a secret to everybody...

..and yes, I'll probably be disqualified for the overworld, but I liked the changes too much to go back. Also, the compass marker is always on the boss rooms because oops. I'll have to remember to change that eventually. Enemies should be dropping bombs, so maybe you're just unlucky. blue octorocks and dark moblins red goriyas and blue lynels.

#9 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:59 PM

It's been a while, but has anyone ever finished this quest?

#10 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:38 PM

It's been a while, but has anyone ever finished this quest?

I finished it back months ago, I think I put a review in it's thread at agn.

As a side note, would you mind if I used your modified z1 over world, with credit if course. I've been considering making a z1 remake with my consumable weapons script. And doing the standard overworld would be a bit too boring for me, and I don't enjoy designing overworlds with the classic set.

#11 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:46 PM

Go right ahead! The password is 'stalfos' for the current quest project file. I haven't made any changes to what you pointed out before, but there weren't too many game-breaking bugs. I think the most annoying oversight was the ocean sound in the graveyard for the overworld problems.

#12 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:22 PM

Go right ahead! The password is 'stalfos' for the current quest project file. I haven't made any changes to what you pointed out before, but there weren't too many game-breaking bugs. I think the most annoying oversight was the ocean sound in the graveyard for the overworld problems.

awesome!  thanks so much.  your overworld was such a breath of fresh air in that contest.  shame for it to just get lost in the shuffle.

#13 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:56 PM

Thanks, man. Let me know when you come up with something using it.

#14 VMC

VMC

Initiate

• Members

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:45 AM

could anyone please help me find the blue ring shop? 

at level 1... i cant find the raft.

at level 3... i cant find the ladder.

i cant proceed.

please?  thank you

Edited by VMC, 03 October 2022 - 05:23 AM.

#15 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 10 October 2022 - 09:11 AM

tumblr_mv4nn4XWAE1ron6tyo2_1280.png

Here is map for the first 6 dungeons. You will have to figure out which is which, but at least you will know to search for secret screens...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users