Mirror Wizrobe behavior

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

I'm having a bit of an issue, and not quite sure how to fix it. Normally when I place mirror wizrobes, they will travel through the walls at times. This is normal, but in this one room I've built, they spend 95% of the time circling around the room, avoiding Link completely. I've changed combos to no fly zone, I've put solid tiles around them, but nothing works.

#2 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hmmmm.

Sometimes If you have blocks surrounding the edge of a dungeon wall Wizzrobs will just go around them over and over and never come out. Is that what's happening?

If so I don't think there's any way to fix it... So yeah...

-Strike

#3 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

Wizzrobes are not considered flying enemies, so try using the regular "no enemy" flag.

#4 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

No enemy flag? I'm not sure where that is. I'm using 2.10

#5 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

That flag isn't in 2.1 so you're pretty much stuck.

-Strike

#6 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Eh, oh well. Thanks anyway -_-

#7 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Why don't you upgrade to 2.50? It can do everything 2.10 can do and has backwards compatibility.

#8 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

The only thing you can do is make more walkable combos around the edge of the walls (meaning place it 3 combos away from the edge, right next to the normal dungeon wall which is 2 combos wide/tall). That would require a redesign of your screen. If you don't have any walkable combos along this edge, there's almost no chance of the wizzrobe changing its direction.

Well, besides that, have you tried manually placing the enemies? For example, flag 37 places the first enemy on the list, flag 38 places the second, etc. It should help place them initially, thought if they start in that loop around the room, I guess you're stuck until you leave the room and return to have them reappear.

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

There's really no way of controlling a Wizrobe's behavior; they do what they want, when they want. The only thing you can do is make the room more walkable to encourage them to stay out of the walls.

If I can ask, why are you using 2.10? It's sorrily out of date, can't do half the stuff 2.5 can do, is less stable, and doesn't even run well on most modern computers.

#10 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

I have just tested using "no enemy" flags with both types of wizzrobes (floating and teleporting), and while they are impossible to fully control, there are still a few things you can do:

- Floating wizzrobes will float through no enemy flags the same way they would if they were solid combos (even if they aren't), they will only resume normal movement once they reach a walkable combo without the flag.

- Teleporting wizzrobes do not *always* respect the no enemy flags, but they still respect it a lot.

Edited by Jamian, 30 May 2013 - 08:47 AM.

#11 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

If I can ask, why are you using 2.10? It's sorrily out of date, can't do half the stuff 2.5 can do, is less stable, and doesn't even run well on most modern computers.

Hey, 2.10 is great for learning the basics. That's what I'm using for my first quest. If he's working on his first quest, it's okay.

#12 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

I'm using 2.10 because it's the first one I started with back in 2005 (and the prequel to the quest I'm building was also made in 2.10). I'm also using XP, which has stability issues with 2.5 (at least for me, any and all builds crash when I try to add secret combos, though sometimes it won't).

This will probably be the last 2.10 quest I make. I feel the limitations of the program are what have allowed me to make something unique. I can't wait until I'm finally finished with it.

EDIT: I wasn't able to fix the behavior but I did develop a strategy to get them out of the wall. If I face downward, they generally move toward Link. At this point I simply move away to the right, and then they stop avoiding Link (hard to explain, I'll probably add a screenshot later)

EDIT EDIT: I just got rid of the mirrorrobes. Figured I may as well since I could literally stand in a certain spot and press F1, and even after 5 in game minutes nothing happened

Edited by Brian, 13 June 2013 - 04:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users