3 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

A few days old, I know. icon_razz.gif

http://www.ign.com/a...t-support-wii-u

I have to say that this news is a real bummer for Wii U if Nintendo ever hopes to regain 3rd party support for next-gen games will use powerful engines like these. If a UE game gets ported to the Wii U, it would use UE 3 which means it will be a stripped down version of the game which the Wii fell victim to last generation. What are your thoughts about this news? Will exclusive games still be the life support for Nintendo once again?

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

What has me more curious is that the article's been updated, and now they're saying Unreal Engine 4 IS coming to the Wii U. So maybe it's too early to start claiming that the Wii U's doomed to repeat the Wii. Still though, this certainly ain't encouraging, and I do have to wonder if it's going to be a repeat of last generation. And if so, how long can Nintendo survive off only first party games?

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Well, I'm not giving up on the Wii U just yet. I would definitely want to see the finished product of how Unreal games on Ps4/NextBox compare with Wii U before I come up with my verdict. Just as long as it's not like how Treyarch ported CoD to Wii.

Edited by Dawnlight, 31 March 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Mar 31 2013, 05:32 PM) View Post

And if so, how long can Nintendo survive off only first party games?

Answer: A pretty goddamn long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users