Photo

Searching...

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

The forum search functionality has been disabled for regular members in an attempt to reduce the amount of stress on the server. While we would love to let everyone search to their heart's content, the search function doesn't even work for many people and we have experienced server and message board errors related to server stress rather frequently in the past few months.

This is hopefully a temporary measure that will be resolved soon enough. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Check this post.

Edited by Nick, 15 July 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#2 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

This is more of a minor inconvenience as the majority of the searches (excluding a members posts/topics) can be done by searching PureZC with google.

#3 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Do you know a time frame in which the searching function will be back up?

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

That's too bad. icon_frown.gif

Atleast we can still search the other way, I guess. :/

#5 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

Well that's no problem for me I'll live without the search function a while. as long as its lets up on the stress on the server its okay with me. (Means this page might be a little tiny bit faster for me icon_razz.gif )

#6 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

Luckily I tend to forget that we have a search feature anyway. Hopefully it'll be back and better than ever at some point.

#7 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

Unfortunately, we don’t have an estimate for when we will be able to enable searching again. Hopefully, it will only be a month or two at most. We are definitely going to try to resolve this faster than that, but it's still going to take time.

As far as View New Posts (which uses the search engine), people might be able to use a limited version of that through My Assistant. But I got mixed responses on whether that still works or not in chat. icon_shrug.gif

#8 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

This sucks. icon_frown.gif The first thing I do whenever I log on is hit "View New Posts", and now it doesn't work.

#9 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

Okay. This should hopefully work for everyone as a temporary alternative to View New Posts.

Click on My Assistant (it should be next to the Private Messages link) and navigate to the New Posts tab in the floating widget thing that should pop up (which you can drag around).

IPB Image

It's not perfect since it lacks a lot of information, but it's something I guess. icon_shrug.gif

#10 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

it is something and I appreciate the tip. I also use the "view new" as my main use of this site, so I'm glad there is a way around it. I want to point out that there are two pages of new posts listed on the popup. the other can be viewed by clicking the "previous page" link. thanks for the announcement! I was worried I had my searching functionality taken away because I personally use it too much. please update this thread to alert us when this is fixed.

#11 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Huh, bummer. I notice we used to have a 30-second limit for searches, I don't suppose you could
change 30 seconds to a 30 or 60 minutes?

#12 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:41 AM

Yeah this is really odd. Search was working earlier for me and then this.
I typed in Pure and got an error for no reason. Then I typed in Final Fantasy and got the same error. Then I hit the search tab between Help and Members and got the same error. I was like what's going on?
IPB Image

Edited by Blackdrake1, 08 July 2012 - 01:42 AM.

#13 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:15 AM

Eh, never really used search. I guess it's for the best since I can't miss it as much. icon_razz.gif

EDIT: Blackdrake1, if you asking a question, try reading Post #1, first sentence. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Shane, 08 July 2012 - 02:33 AM.

#14 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

Ok now I noticed it too - no search icon_frown.gif

#15 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

Hopefully when it comes back, the flood control errors will be resolved, and people will be able to use the "Find Member's Posts/Topics" buttons without problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users