New tutorial on ignore features

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

This is just to point you guys out, if you ever have an issue with another person on the forums, you have the ability to ignore their posts and/or PMs. This tutorial will tell you how to make use of those features. When doing so, also please don't announce that you are doing so, as that doesn't help solve any problems. This topic is pinned in Assistance and Propositions. In case there are any questions or concerns, I will leave this topic open.

#2 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

Thank you Nathaniel, VERY much needed lately, while not for me personally.

People, please make use of your newfound resources. If you know someone grinds your gears, save us the drama and just ignore them. Don't just do it for yourself, do it for everyone else here! We don't want any past drama making more cameos. Just please, keep the community civil like the way it was before.

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

While I frown at this decision, at least it's for the good of the community.

#4 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

I'm with Dawnlight. Instead of promoting not liking each other and acting like they don't exist, wouldn't it make more sense to tell "lost" members to try to get to know the people they don't like so they CAN become friends?

#5 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

Dawnlight and I were speaking; he isn't disappointed with the decision to explain how to ignore someone, he's disappointed that it had to come to this. I'm in agreement with Dawnlight, but I full-heartily agree with the Staff's decision.

Edit: I think it's a little silly for me to elaborate for Dawnlight, considering it was his post, but I thought it was a little necessary (Dawn's post wasn't specific enough.... He didn't quite explain what he was disappointed in, but I've been talking to him about the situation and understand what he means).

Edited by William, 22 August 2011 - 08:19 PM.

#6 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

Those features were always available. This is nothing new. We just provided the information there to let people know how to use them, mainly because a lot of people were probably not aware that they exist in the first place. Anyway, by no means am I promoting anybody hating each other. Not by any stretch whatsoever. Don't get me wrong there. It really should be a last resort, such as if somebody is constantly harassing you to the point where you just can't take it anymore.

Now if somebody feels the need to put a lot of people on ignore, then chances are maybe that person putting people on ignore has something to consider about himself, as it might be a problem with getting along with others in general. After all, some people have rather dramatic personalities, not to name any names.

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE(Jared @ Aug 22 2011, 05:53 PM) View Post
I'm with Dawnlight. Instead of promoting not liking each other and acting like they don't exist, wouldn't it make more sense to tell "lost" members to try to get to know the people they don't like so they CAN become friends?

Staff isn't encouraging people to use it as a first resort, but as a second-to-last resort.

If someone is driving you crazy and you don't want to hear from them again -- ESPECIALLY if they are sending unwelcome PMs -- it makes more sense to use the "ignore" feature, than it does to complain about them in the hopes that they will be banned.* (In fact, in my opinion, the "ignore" feature makes more sense on a forum than it does on IRC. I'm not gonna get into that right now, though.)

* Of course, that doesn't mean rulebreaking shouldn't be reported, but it's possible to be extremely annoying without technically breaking the rules, if you try REALLY hard. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users