Metroid Dread

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

Can anyone tell me why Metroid Dread stop? We never know what is look like Metroid Dread.

#2 UZF

UZF

Junior

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:28 AM

What's Metroid Dread? If you don't mind me asking.

#3 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:59 AM

It fifth part of Metroid game. But they stop making Metroid Dread after release Metroid Prime 3. I am sure you probably see word Dread when you scan around the planet for information. They stop working on it. I never see what Metroid Dread look like. None of show picture or anything. :/

#4 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:52 AM

I think its honestly some sort of big hoax to get fanboys talking about a potential Metroid Dread that never existed in the first place! lol

#5 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

Actually, you're both wrong. There were rumors spread by GameInformer in 2005 that there was a Metroid project that Nintendo was working on that would happen after the events of Metroid Fusion. Much like the Super Mario 128 hoax, nobody really knew much about it, as Nintendo neither confirmed nor denied it. It was eventually dropped in 2006/2007 (don't remember exactly), as it failed to show up at the E3 conventions, and once Metroid Prime 3 came out, people had wondered, like Super Mario Galaxy, if it was the Metroid Dread Project, they confirmed it wasn't, and it still remains a big mystery even today.

#6 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:54 AM

I had no idea about the very metion of the Metroid Dread hoax at all, I thought it was a fangame that was C&D by Nintendo!

Now that Kenster mentioned the Super Mario 128 hoax, which I knew nothing about. I'm guessing that the event battle; Super Mario 128, from Super Smash Bros Mele was a refrence to that icon_wink.gif .

Back on topic, even if MD does exist, it would be interesting to see a SM hack with that title. I wonder about what it would be like.

Edited by Orin XD, 03 May 2011 - 02:56 AM.

#7 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ May 3 2011, 03:54 AM) View Post

Back on topic, even if MD does exist, it would be interesting to see a SM hack with that title. I wonder about what it would be like.

Now you mention about SM hack. They still working on hack. But I am wonder if that hack almost same real Metroid Dread look like area and place. And tile too.

#8 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE(Zeldaman23 @ May 3 2011, 10:03 AM) View Post

Now you mention about SM hack. They still working on hack. But I am wonder if that hack almost same real Metroid Dread look like area and place. And tile too.

Metroid Dread is not a hack, it's an actual game that Nintendo was working on.

#9 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(Kenster @ May 2 2011, 04:50 PM) View Post

Much like the Super Mario 128 hoax, nobody really knew much about it, as Nintendo neither confirmed nor denied it.

Super Mario 128 = Super Mario Sunshine. They changed the name.

Edit: Or at least SMS replaced SM128. Either way, SM128 wasn't a hoax.

Edited by FefeRawft, 03 May 2011 - 09:20 PM.

#10 Sir Evan

Sir Evan

Adept

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(FefeRawft @ May 3 2011, 09:18 PM) View Post

Super Mario 128 = Super Mario Sunshine. They changed the name.

Edit: Or at least SMS replaced SM128. Either way, SM128 wasn't a hoax.

Actually, this is wrong. Super Mario 128 was never intended to be a full game, but it's main gameplay hook was later turned into Pikmin. Sunshine was just another Mario game.

Although on topic, I'm pretty sure that they confirmed that Metroid Dread was in the works at some point in time. Not sure if it is anymore though. icon_unsettled.gif

#11 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:59 PM

No, Pikmin nor Super Mario Sunshine was neither Super Mario 128. It was a project that was never finished, look it up.

And I thought we were talking about Metroid Dread? icon_confused.gif

#12 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(Kenster @ May 3 2011, 04:02 PM) View Post

Metroid Dread is not a hack, it's an actual game that Nintendo was working on.

I know. But now they make a hack. Maybe they know what Metroid Dread look like. I think Super Metroid: Dread hack. I think.

#13 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(Zeldaman23 @ May 3 2011, 11:09 PM) View Post

I know. But now they make a hack. Maybe they know what Metroid Dread look like. I think Super Metroid: Dread hack. I think.

Dude, there were almost screens shown for the game, how would they know what it looked like?

#14 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Kenster @ May 3 2011, 11:15 PM) View Post

Dude, there were almost screens shown for the game, how would they know what it looked like?

Don't ask me. Ask my brain say. icon_razz.gif Just kidding. Well my guess can be only hacker need to know what look like in Metroid Dread and hacker ask owner of ex Metroid Dread for what look like and they secretly give hacker of picture. guest or watever, wont able to see it. That what my brain tell me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users