Photo

Screenshot of the Year 2009

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: ~ (52 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

The final round begins!

Ares Winner ~ Ebola Zaire - SotM 62
Ebola_Zaire.gif

Athena Winner ~ Christian - SotM 66
Christian.gif

#2 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

Had to go with Christian for this one. Eb's is just too crowded for my liking. Both are fantastic screens, regardless.
Besides, I have a fetish an attraction to GB tiles.

#3 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

Omg, i am surprised i am going against that spectacular screen. Seriously Ebola, that's one heck of a screen.

#4 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

I voted for Ebola Zaire. As I've said before, his screenshot is just plain awesome. I hope he wins! icon_bounce.gif

#5 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:00 PM

I went with Ebola's shot, nice shot

#6 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:46 AM

I know four persons who should be happy about this. Ebola, Christian, Plissken (if I'm recalling that one right, but I'm almost certain I do) and me. Oh, I just love GBC-Zelda =)
Voted for Christian again. A really nice shot.

#7 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:43 AM

I'm extremely happy to have made it this far, although closing/opening topics in which I'm a participant has always been a little awkward. Saying "Good job!" to yourself just doesn't sound right. icon_xd.gif Whatever, the screen I made is one of the ones I'm most satisfied with, so thank you everyone who voted on it. I'm happy I'm competing with such a good shot that's in a completely different style; out of the 11 SotM winners we had, 8 of the used DoR 2.0; it's good that the other tilesets got a place in the finals. icon_smile.gif Great job Christian, your shot is fantastic and definitely deserves to be here.

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:08 AM

Voted for Ebola. It's just an all around awesome shot. The way it's layered gives a good sense of height, and the grass growing everywhere really gives it the sense of being old. Very old. Everything about it is perfect.

#9 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jan 18 2010, 01:43 AM) View Post

Great job Christian, your shot is fantastic and definitely deserves to be here.

Thank you for your kind words Ebola. I am seriously shocked that a Gameboy Color Tileset has made it this far and going against one of the most well designed DOR 2.0 shot of this year. I also want to thank everyone who voted for my Screenshot. Means a lot to me really. If i don't win, i will still be happy and proud that i participated as a finalist for the best of the year.

#10 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

Dang, they both look awesome. But, in the end, I voted for...

Christian. I like how it's simple, but still looks great. But both shots look awesome and both deserve to be here! icon_smile.gif

#11 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

I had a tough time picking which I liked best, but I didn't want to null, so...

I voted for Ebola's. I usually don't like to vote for DoR shots, 'cause I'm a big fan of the classics, but his ruins screen is amazing! I love how the waterfall is coming out of the ruins. I really think it's just the timing that got the shot to look so perfect, but the way it's animating makes it look like the water's current is running flat until it falls out, and the gleam of the sun disappears because of the new angle, which really gives the whole image a nice depth. Also, Link being at the bottom just makes me want to take control and go inside so I can find out what those ruins have to be hiding! The tiles all fit together very nicely, and that tall pillar works really well. The only very minor thing about it is the reddish tree at the bottom, which confuses me as to whether there's ground for walking on behind it or not, but if I was playing the game, I'd already know by then. But, either way, excellent job!

And Christian, I adore your screen only a fraction less! I love gameboy screens, and I was very impressed at how you put the gasha seed soil between the cut-able (<-word?) plants, just like in OoS/OoA! It's a perfectly executed GB screen, and goes to show your mastery at using the tileset! Awesome!

Edited by AgentLym, 18 January 2010 - 10:29 PM.

#12 Cameron

Cameron

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:04 PM

Great shot Ebola! It all works together so well. Christian's is good, but I never really liked winter scenes.

#13 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(AgentLym @ Jan 19 2010, 04:27 AM) View Post

It's a perfectly executed GB screen

Well, actually... it looks off how the treebrush hits the snow'block' and it's unlogical why the leaf-loosing (now, in winter leafless) tree was placed there since it's not any useful to have it leafless (gameplay-vise). Also, it's a little strange that there's a mushroom but you can enter that part of the screen in winter, too. Also, on a sidenote, I would've placed the trees slightly different but that way it works, too.
BUT these are rather minor problems. And actually Ebola wins in terms of design (eventhough I do not think that this shot here is Ebola's best of the past year). BUT I gotta love good GBC icon_biggrin.gif

#14 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:37 PM

Ebola all the way. The layout's a bit iffy, but the color composition and setting are brilliant. Awesome job to both of you. icon_thumbsup.gif

#15 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

Imma have to go with Ebola here. Absolutely beautiful. icon_clap.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users