New Mac and Blue Tileset released!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:42 AM

PureZC has yet to upload the set yet. But Castchaos and I finally finished the tileset! It is based off an RPG-style tileset and should provide enough tiles to work with to make a full quest with!
Here are some screenshots:
IPB ImageIPB Image
And the download link until PureZC gets it uploaded:
-Link Deleted-
(to download, select the 'free' option then wait for your download ticket timer to expire enter the code it requires and then it should download. No sense paying to use the service)
Enjoy everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 02 April 2008 - 07:03 AM.

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:04 AM

Our baby finally born! icon_biggrin.gif

I bet people will love some things inside... Migokalle will get his "realistic" interiors, ShadowTiger gets some Ultima-ishness, and there are some things that will keep even Evile motvated! icon_biggrin.gif

Also, there's absolutely NOT ANY Megaman involved. I would have wanted it, but DFW deleted the full MMX interiors and all the MMX bosses, saying "It's a different style".

Also, DFW, why Rapidshare? I said I would host it! Eh, it's the feeling of hosting it yourself, eh?

As for our other project, I finished the title screen, altough the isle is a little offcenter...

#3 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:16 AM

How... DARE... You!!!! icon_razz.gif

#4 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:30 AM

I don't like it.. The castle clashes with the trees, the floor tiles, the water, basically everything. If you were to make a RPG set, why not rip from RPGs with better graphics like Terranigma, FFVI, ToP, etc. ?

#5 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:13 PM

~!!!!!!THIS LOOKZ AMAZING!!!!!!!!!1

EDIT: THEsE PALEETES SUCKZ!
I
COUD
MAEK
BETTER
1's

Edited by Evile, 01 April 2008 - 12:19 PM.

#6 jerome

jerome

"Ducks eat for free at Subway"

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:45 AM

Is the tilese being submitted? Is that why the link had been removed? I really like the trees by the way. Everything else looks good as well.

#7 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:55 AM

This tileset looks pretty interesting. At this point, I don't know if it was an "April Fool's Joke" or not that it was finished(looking at the dates) but if it isn't, that'd probably be good. Just from those two screenshots, I can at least see that Water/Grass interaction could use work, and it definitely needs more tree and ground detail tiles.

Right now, this tileset looks really cool, but I'd like to see some more screenshots before I download it.

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:56 AM

It was an April Fools joke. The tileset is very far from finished yet. There are already enough tiles to make a few spectacular example screens, but that's everything. Mostly just overworld tiles were made so far, but in the finished version, every tile will be ripped/custom without exception, and their style and selection will be totally new to ZC. I just love what is already made. Detail, variety, convenience, reality, flexibility. Also, it will be a layer heavy tileset. Master the using of layers by the time this tileset gets finished. More info much later.

#9 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:11 PM

So, are those screens real or not? And if they're not, could you post some real ones? I'm interested in this.

#10 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:40 PM

Those screens are real, because DFW built them from an erlier version of the actual tileset in making. Every placed combo is ripped except the right screen dirt and ladder whiches were custom made by that chaotic guy with Amish avatar.

If this quest was my idea, it already were in my QPF, but since our dear DFW asked me to do it, and she originally asked it to be complete secret, I would be quite stressed to show more example screens or spoil extra details. You see, she is the owner and I'm the executive officer.

Also, Evile, I guess you are interested in palettes. Well, the palettes will mostly follow the DoR CSet structure, but it's mostly a plan... All I did was to take the DoR main palette and make it more epic and centered around plants, plus I changed the sprite CSets to my liking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users