Photo

How imported tiles get the correct colour?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:21 AM

Please describe step by step, how I could change new imported Tiles in the correct coulor.

Thx for your Answers

Ps.: Please use english that is easy to understand, because I live in Austria...

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:50 AM

There's two way.

First way:
Go to Quest=>Graphics=>Tiles. Stand on an empty tile (preferably surrounded by more empty tiles) and click Grab. Then click File and select the image you want to rip from. Bmp, gif and png the valid ones. Now, pngs sometimes simply doesn't work and gifs freeze if you want to optimize the colours, so convert it to a bmp with for example the program IrfanView. If it's a bmp now, press "R". This assigns the image to the closest CSet of that palette. This means the colours will be much better or even perfect. This often turns the outline transparent and makes the transparent parts filled with an unused colour. So, some recolouring is still needed.

Second way:
Go to Quest=>Graphics=>Palettes=>Levels. Choose a new palette or the one you are currently working with. Click Grab. Click File. Choose the image you want. The best is if the image has no more than 16 colours. Copy the appearing CSet with pressing "C" when you stand on it. Now go back to the palette in editing and press "V" where you want the CSet to be. And there, when you are in that palette and in that CSet, the tile will look perfect, not even a slight recolouring is needed. However, probably all other tiles will look horrible in that CSet, so use only one or two CSets that you acquired this way.

Alternately, you can recolour the tiles yourself, by standing on them and pressing edit.

I suspect I didn't use simple sentences, I hope you still understand.

#3 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:18 PM

thx, I understand it icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users