• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:18 AM

which inbuilt boss do you think is best for level 6??
or should i just make a custom boss?

#2 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:14 AM

I suggest using Patra (Oval) as a boss in your Level-6 quest. Why don't you add Statues that shoot at you for an added challenge.

Edited by Bowser Blanchette, 02 February 2007 - 06:16 AM.

#3 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:38 AM

hmm... im already using patra (oval), and maybe the statues will help make it tougher...

good idea.
thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Taco_Chopper, 02 February 2007 - 06:40 AM.

#4 Phoenix Fable

Phoenix Fable

Adept

• Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:20 PM

Why not manhandla 2, or a 3 or 4 headed gleeok or whatever it is. That would be a good battle.

#5 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:12 AM

hmm... i have an idea.
i probably should use manhandla 2 or 3/4 headed gleeok someguy, but im gonna have a think for a while. Maybe Patra with gibdo or blue darknuts??

#6 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:27 AM

I dislike Manhandla 2. It's exactly like Manhandla 1 except that it requires a Super Bomb to kill in one hit, rather than a regular bomb. icon_razz.gif Plus it tends to be butt-ugly.

Patra could be a good boss, though it depends on what items you have given the player by that time, and how hard you want it to be. An easy way to adjust difficulty with Patra is to switch to Oval if you want it to be easier, or Big Circle if it needs to be harder. The difference is usually just enough to switch between a few levels of difficulty. icon_smile.gif

#7 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:16 AM

i'm giving the player the hammer in level 6. is that a bad idea?

#8 Phoenix Fable

Phoenix Fable

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:52 PM

It shouldnt be a problem giving it to the player in that level. I'm going to give the hammer in lvl 4 in my quest.

#9 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:21 AM

Level 6 is definitely a reasonable place to put it, unless you're working with a very low-power quest with late-in-coming upgrades (and not many of them, for that matter).

I'm planning on putting my Hammer in level 6 or 7. You could even give it earlier than that... you'd just have to make sure the player probably has the L.3 sword first, unless you want them to use the Hammer as a melee weapon non-stop until they CAN get the L.3 sword. icon_smile.gif

It would be interesting to see a quest with the "A button items" quest rule enabled, that allows you to acquire strong non-sword weapon items early in the game. Heh, someone might easily end up dropping swords entirely, in favor of the Hammer or the Red Candle. icon_thumbsup.gif

#10 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:34 AM

the player gets the l-3 sword just before level 6. And didn't wild bill put the hammer in level 1 in fall uh de honky pig?

#11 alfinchkid

alfinchkid

Junior

• Members

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:56 AM

Hmm... a Gleeok sounds good if you're doing the hammer in that dungeon. But increase the head amount. If I remember right, the hammer kills a Gleeok head in one hit icon_razz.gif

#12 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:35 PM

really now?

i think i could use a combo of patra and gibdo, but might be a bit easy. how about patra and blue darknuts?

#13 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

• Members

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(Taco_Chopper @ Feb 9 2007, 06:35 PM) View Post

really now?

i think i could use a combo of patra and gibdo, but might be a bit easy. how about patra and blue darknuts?

Why not use a combo of Patra (Oval) and the Blue and Red Bubbles for an added challenge?

#14 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:55 AM

That sounds like a good idea. Red and blue ones both disable item use temporarily, right?

#15 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

• Members

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE(Taco_Chopper @ Feb 10 2007, 03:55 AM) View Post

That sounds like a good idea. Red and blue ones both disable item use temporarily, right?

The Red Bubbles disables your sword permanetly until you hit a Blue Bubble or use a potion.

If you want to have Bubbles to disable items choose one of the following:
Bubble (Item, Permanent Disabling)--Permanently disables your 'B Button' items. You can only use your items again if you go to a Fairy Spring or you hit a Bubble (Item, Re-enabling).

Bubble (Item, Re-enabling)-this allows you to use your'B Button' items again if you hit a Bubble (Item, Permanen Disabling).

Bubble (Item, Temporary Disabling)-You won't be able to use your 'B Button' Items for a short time.

These Bubbles (Listed Below) can either disable your sword permanently, temporarily, or re-enabling.

Bubble- This disables your sword for a short time.

Bubble (Red)- Permanently disables your sword until you use a potion, or go to a Fairy Spring or touch a Blue Bubble.

Bubble (Blue)- You'll be able to use your sword again if you hit a Red Bubble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users