Custom Enemy Ideas Thread

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:31 PM

Let's talk about our ideas for our own custom enemies here. Remember, beta 16 allows us to edit enemies (finally)!

Here's how to set up your ideas when you state them (for cleanliness- You don't HAVE to, but...):

Name: Name of your custom enemy (in the editor)
Description: Self-explanatory. Basically, what it is and how you plan to use it (and other stuff).
(All of the settings for the enemy's attributes): Self-explanatory. Optional.

Mine:

Name: Hyper Darknut
Description: This is a Darknut that is WAY more powerful than a Death Knight (HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!). Yes, STRONGER THAN THE STRONGEST ENEMY. This is because IT'S A BOSS ENEMY!!! It has 50 HP (in Hearts, of course), it does 20 damage to Link when he gets hit by its weapon, and 10 when he touches it. It's supposed to fire Super Bombs, but... They're not working. XD

It is invulnerable to everything but.... Reflected Fireballs. icon_razz.gif

This enemy is a Golden Darknut.

Name: Hyper Lynel
Description: A boss Lynel. Much like the Hyper Darknut, this thing is ALSO stronger than the Death Knight. Attacks unknown at this moment. All stats are unknown at this moment.

This enemy is a Golden Lynel.

Name: Hyper Wizzrobe
Description: You know where I'm going. Boss Wizzrobe, Golden color, and I STILL haven't decided on it.

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

Hmm... I'm thinking of one particular enemy I plan to use in my GB style comedy quest, Where's The Ham?

Name: Random Slapper
Description: If you stay on any one screen in the Field too long, the Random Slapper runs out and slaps you senseless, and you lose half of your hearts. No joke. This is something I want to input.

#3 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:18 PM

Why is it that all the plausible custom enemies are just hyper versions of enemies we already have?
Anyway...

Name: King Moblin
It's supposed to be a recreation of the King Moblin from LA, but it really doesn't act like it very much. It's more like an Aquamentus that shoots arrows. icon_razz.gif

Weapon: Arrow
Type: Aquamentus
O. Anim.: Aquamentus
HP: 10
Damage: 2
W. Damage: 1
Random Rate: 16
Halt Reate: 16
Homing Factor: 40
Step Speed: 70
O. Frame Rate: 20
Invulnerable in front

Yeah, it's kind of untested, but I think it works. icon_confused.gif

Oh, and The Satellite, I don't think that would be possible just yet. At least not without a script. icon_confused.gif

Edited by Beta Link, 08 January 2007 - 09:23 PM.

#4 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:59 PM

Here is a list new enemies that I created with the enemy editor:

Dark Knight: This is a weaker version of the darknut with 4 HP (1 heart), and does a damage of 2 (1/2 heart).
Darknut (L3): This darknut is the same as the splitting darknut, except this one does not split. (The splitting darknut on my list uses cset 10)
Fire (L2): This fire has 4 HP (1 heart) and does a damage of 4 (1 heart). But it cannot be hurt by the boomerang and it takes 2 hits with the wooden sword to kill it.
Lanmola (L3): An insanely fast lanmola that does a damage of 16 (4 hearts).
Lynel (L3): This lynel is fast and throws 4 swords. This enemy and his weapon do a damage of 24 (6 hearts). (However, the ZC Developers' idea of this enemy may be different from mine.)
Moblin (L3): This moblin is twice as strong as the L2 Moblin and throws 4 arrows at the same time.
Moldorm (L2): This moldorm is fast and has twice the HP the L1 Moldorm has, and does a damage of 4 (1 heart).
Octorok (Magic, Slow): This is basically a slower version of the original Magic Octorok.
Patra (L4): This Cset 9 Patra uses flames instead of fireballs.
Redead: Just like the Gibdo, but it's faster, uses CSet 8, and does a damage of 16 (4 hearts).
Rope (L3): This blue rope is fast, but it slows down after charging. It takes 16 hits with the wooden sword to kill this rope. It does a damage of 4 (1 heart).
Shooter (Bomb): This is a bomb shooting projectile.
Shooter (Ice Magic): This projectile shoots Ice Magic.
Shooter (Super Bomb): This projectile shoots super bombs.
Shooter (Wind): This projectile shoots whirlwinds.
Tektite (L3): This tektite is twice as strong as the L1 and L2 tektites. (However, the ZC Developers' idea of this enemy may be different from mine.)
Wizzrobe (Fire 2): This floating wizzrobe uses flame 2, which does a damage of 12 (3 hearts)> The wizzrobe himself does the same damage as his weapon.
Wizzrobe (Fireball): This is the weakest teleporting wizzrobe on my list. He shoots fireballs that do a damage of 2 (1/2 heart). The enemy himself does the same damage as his fireball.
Wizzrobe (Sword): This is the weakest floating wizzrobe on my list. He shoots swords that do a damage of 4 (1 heart). The wizzrobe does the same damage if you touch him.

Boy! This sure is a long list!

#5 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE(Matthew @ Jan 8 2007, 05:31 PM)  
Name: Hyper Darknut
Description: This is a Darknut that is WAY more powerful than a Death Knight (HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!). Yes, STRONGER THAN THE STRONGEST ENEMY. This is because IT'S A BOSS ENEMY!!! It has 50 HP (in Hearts, of course), it does 20 damage to Link when he gets hit by its weapon, and 10 when he touches it. It's supposed to fire Super Bombs, but... They're not working. XD

It is invulnerable to everything but.... Reflected Fireballs. icon_razz.gif

No offense, Matthew, but if any quest used any of those enemy ideas you stated, I would avoid it like the plague. There's difficult, and then there's just ridiculous. icon_unsettled.gif

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jan 8 2007, 05:34 PM)  

Hmm... I'm thinking of one particular enemy I plan to use in my GB style comedy quest, Where's The Ham?

Name: Random Slapper
Description: If you stay on any one screen in the Field too long, the Random Slapper runs out and slaps you senseless, and you lose half of your hearts. No joke. This is something I want to input.

Unfortunately, this enemy is impossible in the current enemy editor, and probably will remain that way in version 2.5. You have to base enemy behavior on the attributes of existing ZC enemies, for instance: shoots rocks, invulnerable from the front, has __ HP, and deals __ damage (measured in hearts).

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Jan 8 2007, 06:18 PM)  

Name: King Moblin
It's supposed to be a recreation of the King Moblin from LA, but it really doesn't act like it very much. It's more like an Aquamentus that shoots arrows. icon_razz.gif

Not a bad idea, but I'm afraid it would have such a narrowly focused attack range that it'd be extremely easy to defeat. icon_unsettled.gif The Aquamentus enemy only faces forward and moves back and forth, and arrows are one of the many projectiles in ZC that can't be shot diagonally.

You might do better to try thinking of other enemy types to try out. For instance, Digdogger Kids would make one helluva crazy new enemy. icon_eek.gif

#6 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:28 PM

Well, anyway, I figured my ideas should be in a separate post. Here's what I have so far:

Stalchild: a Leever 1 that moves more slowly.
Red leever: seperate enemy from Stalchildren; this kind will have more HP than the original Leever 1 template but otherwise identical.
Helmasaur: take the Rope 1 template, give it more HP, and make it invulnerable from the front. Result: a nearly perfect recreation of this heretofor non-ZC enemy. icon_smile.gif Might also be able to use "broken shield" tiles, depending on how they work.
Fire Keese: regular Keese + fire trail. Not sure how nasty this would be; I'll have to try it to see what the difficulty level is.
Gold Skulltula: I may stick with combo cycling, but it may be possible to have a functional Gold Skulltula that doesn't move, damages Link when touched, and always produces a Skulltula Medallion. I will have to experiment. icon_smile.gif
Pol's Voice (whistle): This type of Pol's Voice will be weak to the Whistle, like in BS Zelda. May or may not be possible; I haven't tested it yet.
6-headed Gleeok: What it says.
Fire-breathing Dodongo: shoots "Sword" projectiles, which in most modern tilesets is shown as a ball of fire. Not sure whether Dodongos can do projectiles, though.

I'll leave it at that for now. icon_wink.gif

#7 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:53 PM

Ha! I just tested my King Moblin out. It sucked. Radien, I think you're right. icon_razz.gif Maybe I should wait until the next beta comes out, and they make it possible to make custom enemy sizes. icon_razz.gif

Ohh! Lookie! Apparently I'm illustrious now. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Beta Link, 08 January 2007 - 10:55 PM.

#8 4matsy

4matsy

SHE WILL WAKE ONLY WITH THE POWER OF NO. 3 CHEESEFORCE

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:31 PM

You will PH34R the massive amounts of annoyance brought by the...

WIND OCTOROK.

IPB Image

It's a modified fast octorok 3...this is easy to make, just switch the weapon. icon_razz.gif

...Just don't use too many of this guy in a quest. icon_lol.gif

IPB Image

This one's a modified fire wizzrobe that fires boomerangs in 8 directions instead of flames.

Sometimes they come back, sometimes they don't, but they don't hurt you on the return trip anyway...icon_sweat.gif

I'm thinking of switching this guy to magic instead. icon_razz.gif

IPB Image

Another modified fire wizzrobe, this one armed with the fireball weapon instead. When it shoots the fireballs, they make a nice "+" formation. icon_lol.gif

And now, the HEAD SPAMMER GLEEOK. YES.

IPB Image

20 heads, each with 2 hp--enough to die on the first hit. icon_razz.gif

The gimmick here is that the fireballs don't hurt you at all, but the heads themselves do quite a bit of damage. I currently have them set to 4 hearts, but I'm considering knocking it down to 2 or even 1, as it gets quite hectic once a decent number of heads are removed...

IPB Image

icon_razz.gif

IPB Image

This one leaves fire trails, instead of shooting fireballs at you. I gave it more health to attempt to make up for the fact that it can no longer fire in your direction...icon_heh.gif

#9 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:37 PM

4matsy:

icon_lol.gif I earnestly salute your handy and frequently amusing experimental nature!!

...No really. I do.

#10 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:44 PM

I like the idea of upgrading the boss enemies. Most are way too weak currently. Twenty-Headed Gleeok looks a bit unprofessional though.

#11 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Jan 8 2007, 08:44 PM)  

I like the idea of upgrading the boss enemies. Most are way too weak currently. Twenty-Headed Gleeok looks a bit unprofessional though.

Zelda 1 was designed so that boss fights would be intense and short (or just "short," if you came well-equipped).

One easy way to extend the boss fights would be to give the bosses more HP, but lower attack power. Manhandla in particular could use this change.

#12 asdf5000

asdf5000

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:52 PM

I'd post one but I can't get the new version yet. (I don't have my computer online right now icon_sweat.gif icon_cry.gif icon_rolleyes.gif .

#13 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:06 AM

Here's one I made for Metroid:
IPB Image

It's a Fire-Wizzrobe type, but shoots "Rock" projectiles. The projectiles do 2 hearts of damage, which is low for late-game areas, but it's quicker than a normal Wizzrobe.

Another enemy I made is a quicker, more powerful Like-Like to use as a Metroid. The only problem I'm having with the Metroid is this.

#14 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:13 AM

One thing I'd like to work on is discussing later enemies from the Zelda series and how to translate them into a ZC equivalent.

For instance, Majora's Mask's Dinofols (not to be confused with TP's Dynafols). Though there are probably more interesting enemies to attempt.

#15 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:28 AM

Unfortunately the enemies aren't very customizable. I still want to make an Oracles-style Lynel, which would be two-tiles long, throw swords, and charge at Link like a Rope. All are possible in ZC, but not all in a single enemy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users