A Guide To 1st Generation Custom Items.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:13 AM

Wow, I'm flattered. I'd be glad to. It's also going up on the ZC Wiki, so the finished product may contain actual links to all sorts of references on the ZC Wiki Itself. That'll probably mean formatting changes. (I.e. where it'd be [url=yourpage\customitemguide#PointInTheArticle]Boots[/url], it'd be something different there. Thus, I'll have to make two copies; One for forums, one for the Wiki. Then, of course, you've got the Post Length Limit, so I'll have to send it to you in two PM's. That shouldn't be a problem though. Not at all.

In the meantime, can you think of anything else that it's missing? I feel like I'm forgetting something. Perhaps we should mention something about the z### items and their ties to the Subscreen Editor (I feel that I haven't fleshed that out enough. .. Though it's not fleshed out in ZQuest either, so... [And it will likely stay that way until 2.5's release.]) or their usage in scripts.

#32 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:37 AM

Animation Speed:
The speed of the animation. 0 is the fastest, with increasing numbers going faster and faster.

You need to fix this error.

#33 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

Heh, thanks, Sharon. Fixed. Which do you think is better: "Increasingly slower," or "Slower and slower." I prefer the latter, as it won't confuse people with the word "increase" in there, but the latter also sounds kinda dumb. Also, I kinda want to write something about the rate at which it goes slower, but I hate math, .. so ..

#34 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:58 PM

I think "slower and slower" is the best way to put it without getting too technical or confusing.

#35 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:09 AM

Right. Fixed. Thanks.

I also added the same images of the tabs before each Tab Description for easier reference. It's the same image; just duplicated for simplicity of reference.

When AGN comes back up, I should also rework the items list, along with the list of SFX, in BOTH Alphabetical and Numerical order. I should probably like to use a Table for that using HTML.

#36 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jun 28 2007, 09:07 AM) View Post
Equipment Item: (Checkbox)
Allows the item this Checkbox is checked for to be considered an Inventory item rather than as a usable item. Inventory items include the Shield, Ring, and Sword. Non-Inventory Usable items include the Boomerang, Bombs, Hookshot, and Din's Fire. If the checkbox is checked, you will not be able to select the item for use in the game as you would a selectable item.

Lol? Sorry but equipment item checkbox means that the items stays with you. Selectable or not. Take a look at swords, arrows, bows etc. They all have that set. The only thing that defines whether an item is selectable or not is the subscreen itself.

#37 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:03 PM

(This is why I asked for feedback, y'see.)

Sorry but equipment item checkbox means that the items stays with you.
All the equipment items (Usable and not) have it checked, while rupees do not. I guess I'll have to fix that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users