Photo

Adventure in Mysteria: Redo?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Should I redo my quest? And which tileset, if yes?

Should I redo my quest? And which tileset, if yes?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:25 PM

Okay, you all probably know my only full quest, Adventure in Mysteria. I know it's bad, but that was because I was inexperienced. However, I have more experience now, and I'd like to know if I should redo it from scratch. If I do, it'll be in 2.11b12d (or 13, if it comes out before then) so I can use the four warps per screen, and easier custom bosses. Plus, I may use Pure for it. Either that, or my very favorite tileset, CGBZ. (Yes, it's my favorite.) I've already found ways to do that tileset justice. I know it's incomplete, but why should that stop everyone from trying to complete it with tiles? Now, the question is set, and now starts my poll: Should I create a better Adventure in Mysteria?

#2 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:45 PM

The descendant tileset would be cool, that way you could keep the gameboy look, but it has houses and house features. It's one of my favorite tilesets.

#3 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:45 PM

Yes, you should. icon_smile.gif Go with what you feel is best. Personally, I like CGBZ style quests. If you choose so, make it feel like the layout of the gameboy games. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Fire Wizzrobe, 29 August 2006 - 04:45 PM.

#4 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:53 PM

Hmmm... A new tileset for me would be a good idea... Just remember, I'll be making this from scratch, and you might even see some new areas. I've never used Descendant, so I think I'll try that first. I'll save CGBZ for other quests, since I like it.

#5 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(pikaguy900 @ Aug 29 2006, 05:53 PM)
Hmmm... A new tileset for me would be a good idea... Just remember, I'll be making this from scratch, and you might even see some new areas. I've never used Descendant, so I think I'll try that first. I'll save CGBZ for other quests, since I like it.

View Post

They were the graphics used for Swansong, Link to Tortuga, The Wrath and Longing of Nemel, etc.

#6 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE(Speak with Bread @ Aug 29 2006, 04:59 PM)
They were the graphics used for Swansong, Link to Tortuga, The Wrath and Longing of Nemel, etc.

View Post

All of which I never played. (Unless Isle of the Winds is one of them.)

#7 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:05 PM

No, Isle of the Winds was made with pure.

#8 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

So far, I only have one problem with the tileset you reccomended: It has no Bush, Flower, and Tall Grass Clipping tiles, and no Tall Grass and Shallow Water misc. tiles. I had a hard time making them from scratch for the CGBZ Tileset, and I sure don't want to do that again. I think that if I wanted to go with this look, I should use Pure instead.

Edit: I think I just found my tileset: the Adventure Tileset, containing some Minish Cap tiles. Tiles from The Minish Cap have always been my favorite, no matter what. I'd use the incomplete Minish Cap Tileset, but.... no Link tiles.

Edited by pikaguy900, 29 August 2006 - 05:19 PM.

#9 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:57 PM

Uhh, go and PM Freedom for the password to Swansong (and also download swansong) because it's full of the stuff you need to make a solid quest.

The Adventure set is a little challenging, you have to change the palettes a lot to get what you want.

#10 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(Speak with Bread @ Aug 29 2006, 05:57 PM)
Uhh, go and PM Freedom for the password to Swansong (and also download swansong) because it's full of the stuff you need to make a solid quest.

The Adventure set is a little challenging, you have to change the palettes a lot to get what you want.

View Post

Isn't that Gleeok4? (Or was it 3?)

Oh, and right now, my main problem with that tileset is that there's hardly any tiles that go well with making the look of the ocean washing up on a beach. I need tiles with that! Adventure in Mysteria starts on Mysteria Beach, so it needs a beach-like look to it!

#11 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:32 PM

Umm, no it isn't Anyway... yeah, it's 3...

But beaches...? Dang, that's my chief export of weaknesses.

#12 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(Speak with Bread @ Aug 29 2006, 06:32 PM)
Umm, no it isn't  Anyway... yeah, it's 3...

But beaches...?  Dang, that's my chief export of weaknesses.

View Post

Hey, Mysteria is an island in a remote location (No, I didn't steal that idea.), so it must have a beach.

Edit: Oh wow. CGBZ has the most votes so far. Maybe I've already done that tileset justice... Still, that won't stop me from making it even better. Although, I wouldn't go as far as rearranging the palettes to give it a "new" look. So, I'll stick with CGBZ then. But tomorrow, I'd like this poll closed. I think tomorrow is a good time to end this, and start giving a new look to the southern side of Mysteria...

Edited by pikaguy900, 30 August 2006 - 03:03 PM.

#13 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:38 PM

You could use Pure, since you could make the festival look more festivally. And it has an easier way of making custom dungeons, but hey, it's your choice icon_shrug.gif

#14 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(Speak with Bread @ Aug 30 2006, 08:38 PM)
You could use Pure, since you could make the festival look more festivally.  And it has an easier way of making custom dungeons, but hey, it's your choice icon_shrug.gif

View Post

Eh, CGBZ will be okay. I really don't want to do things over. I wish I could find the music for the Picori Festival from The Minish Cap. I'd use that for the Triforce Festival music...

#15 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:44 PM

Swansong rocks.
Swansong or DoR would be your best bet. Trust me!

God bless,
Daiv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users