Starting Weapons

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(rocksfan13 @ Jul 28 2006, 01:39 PM)
In one of my quests I had Link start with the red candle. It took the player a while to find the sword, some didn't find the wood sword, but did find the white. In my latest, you start with the bommerang. In LR1 and LR2, you start with nothing. I would have to say the red candle would be best to start with. Nobody wants to have to keep walking off the screen in oreder to use it multiple times. Especially if they are in a room in which there is no exit, without killing the enemies.

View Post

Amen...I can't really relate because I start the character off with the sword. Which is actually a spear icon_wink.gif .
I can't wait to show my screenies.
Sorry to go off topic. icon_sorry.gif

I hate it when they start you off with bombs because you're screwed if you don't use 'em right.

God bless,
Daiv

#17 Darth Pikachu

Darth Pikachu

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:28 PM

Here's a really nasty starting challenge. Give Link the Ocarina, and 4 bombs, no sword. Level 1 boss, Digdogger w/ x kids. Reward, blue candle. Very sadistic. icon_twisted.gif

#18 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:48 AM

Give the hero the letter and bait. Then send 'em on their way.

#19 Solarrain4

Solarrain4

The Blurred Line In-Between

• Members

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:55 PM

The standard arrow, so that you can start using the bow the second you get it. I mean, what's the point in having a weapon if you can't use it?

But that's just my opinion. I don't know about these other guys.

#20 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(Solarrain4 @ Jul 30 2006, 05:55 PM)
The standard arrow, so that you can start using the bow the second you get it. I mean, what's the point in having a weapon if you can't use it?

But that's just my opinion. I don't know about these other guys.

View Post

You can't use the bow without rupees. The player would need to be able to kill enemies or cut grass in order to find rupees, so the bow and arrow would be useless as the starting weapon.

#21 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:56 PM

Well maybe he'd start off with rupees. If he runs out, it'd be early enough in the game to just start over, so there's really no big loss there.

#22 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:25 PM

Hmm, i think ST's got a good idea, but still, the arrows are stronger than the first sword.

the hookshot could be cool, because then you can make really good puzzles involving it...

#23 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(Speak with Bread @ Jul 30 2006, 09:25 PM)
Hmm, i think ST's got a good idea, but still, the arrows are stronger than the first sword.
True, but the ammo restriction truly ensures that you make every shot count. I almost never use my bow and arrow for combat purposes. I just conserve my health so I can shot web with my sword. .. er .. .. shot beams. .. SHOOT Beams. ... lol 4chan and others.

The hookshot could be cool, because then you can make really good puzzles involving it...

View Post

True. Quite true. However, it's almost overpowerful, in that it absolutely grants you quite a bit of access to the world. It's one of those items that lets you fly through the air across the world, you know?

#24 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:41 PM

Make them start with the blue/red candle, but just don't enable the "candle uses magic" rule. That way they can attack at will without losing all their magic and screwing themselves over.

#25 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jul 30 2006, 10:41 PM)
True, but the ammo restriction truly ensures that you make every shot count.  I almost never use my bow and arrow for combat purposes.  I just conserve my health so I can shot web with my sword. .. er .. .. shot beams. .. SHOOT Beams.  ... lol 4chan and others.

True.  Quite true.  However, it's almost overpowerful, in that it absolutely grants you quite a bit of access to the world.  It's one of those items that lets you fly through the air across the world, you know?

View Post

But you don't have to have anything put as a hookshot post, and it only really kills keese, bats, gels, etc. The only thing it's really good against is darknuts.

#26 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:30 AM

I'd caution against the Hookshot myself, for the reason that Link gains temporary invincibility while using it. This can be abused.

#27 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:44 AM

Lets not forget that when used properly... the Hook-shot can stun Blue Wizzrobes and Fire Wizzrobes whereas the Boomerang cannot. Then again, you probably wouldn't be using those that early in the game.

I've also found that the Hook-shot can also stun AND kill darknuts. I don't know why, but if you hit a Red Darknut enough times with the Hook-shot at the right angle, it will eventually die.

Edited by Love For Fire, 31 July 2006 - 08:45 AM.

#28 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:21 AM

Hmm, darknuts might not be used in the first part of the game, you don't know that. And snarwin, you can't MOVE while using the hookshot. Plus you can shorten the links it has.

#29 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE(rexlaninetales @ Jul 29 2006, 01:48 AM)
Give the hero the letter and bait. Then send 'em on their way.

View Post

That is a good idea I like that one very challlenging.

#30 yodabryan

yodabryan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:37 PM

How about bombs. you could aslo give them lots of rupies and a conviently placed shop if they run out. I myself would use a red candle though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users