• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:22 PM

Or you can add 1 more for 2.11

#17 Rakki

Rakki

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:24 PM

I just said that, THEY would need to add another misc item to be able to make the spiritual stones. icon_confused.gif

#18 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:28 PM

O yeah, sorry I did not see that part of the post.

#19 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

Do you know if you can count how many miscs you collected? 'cause if you can, you could use it to do something like a skulltulla system.

Sorry if this is off topic.

#20 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

No that is not off-topic, and that would be a very good idea

#21 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:42 PM

But not presently possible. The only way I could see doing this is via an EXTREMELY elaborate Tiered Secret system, where each room where you collect a skulltula would mark it on an individual room basis. It'd be complex beyond all measure, like building the Brooklyn bridge out of straw and hungry live pigeons. ... ... Pssht. It can be done, of course, but it's barely concievable.

#22 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:53 PM

What do You Mean. What About 2.11 Can't JMAN Put a counter in or something?

#23 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:07 PM

Well, where would that counter be applied, exactly? icon_razz.gif You can't see how many "misc" items you have anyway, so you couldn't put a counter on that, and there's nothing else quantitative that you could put a counter on as well. The idea falls flag on its face in the execution, unfortunately.

But hey, if you think of anything useful, by all means... But be sure to run through each detail before spitting out a general idea. Specifics are the powerhouses of ideas.

#24 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:16 PM

Well:

On the subscreen there is plenty of unused space for a counter, Heck, even in 2.11 there is a clock that was added.
And since 2.11 is still beta you can make it so you do see it MISC items... *Scratches Head* I think.

#25 Mikado

Mikado

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:09 PM

You could set a third spiritual stone to a item you knoe you'll least likely use, like 'Kill All Enemies'. No one really uses it anyway...

#26 Rakki

Rakki

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(xXVolvagiaXx @ Apr 1 2006, 06:09 PM)
You could set a third spiritual stone to a item you knoe you'll least likely use, like 'Kill All Enemies'. No one really uses it anyway...

View Post

*Votes that sentence as "understatement of the year"* icon_razz.gif Seriously though, killallenemies items have been/are used in conjunction with Trigger enemies to set off Boss triggers. So you could use this as a third spiritual stone if you want to, you just have to make sure that there are no enemies on the screen by the time you're going to get the stone, otherwise the player will be able to see that it's a killallenemies item.

#27 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(Exate @ Mar 29 2006, 10:23 PM)
sci: I used to do the same, but now that we have layers, that's an obsolete method.

If you aren't using Link tile mods for shileds or possibly anything else, you can make misc items a sort of accessory for Link. I was going to make misc1 a pair of sunglasses and misc2 is what removed them -- but since I use whole different Link tiles for shields, that's not happening unless I make the item available at the end of the game. icon_heh.gif

View Post

Whoa nice Idea. Since my Link doesn't have a shield, I guess I could use this idea. =o

But instead of lens, I'mma make a new feature. But then agian, you don't actually need to use Misc2 to remove anything. You can use shield set 3 to take all off.

#28 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(Rakki @ Apr 1 2006, 11:47 PM)
*Votes that sentence as "understatement of the year"*  icon_razz.gif  Seriously though, killallenemies items have been/are used in conjunction with Trigger enemies to set off Boss triggers....

View Post

That was before someone discovered that boss flags trigger when there are never any enemies in the room to begin with. I'm sure there are still uses for KillAllEnemies, but it's a lot less common than it used to be.

Now, if you're using 1.92 (or maybe even 2.10; I'm not sure), you can just set things like the spiritual stones to unimplemented items. Amulet 2, the L2 Bow, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind would all work for this. It would cause problems if someone played the quest with the wrong version of ZC, but that's really nothing new; most quests have bugs if they're played in the wrong version anyway.

#29 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(Snarwin @ Apr 3 2006, 05:45 PM)
That was before someone discovered that boss flags trigger when there are never any enemies in the room to begin with. I'm sure there are still uses for KillAllEnemies, but it's a lot less common than it used to be.

Now, if you're using 1.92 (or maybe even 2.10; I'm not sure), you can just set things like the spiritual stones to unimplemented items. Amulet 2, the L2 Bow,  Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind would all work for this. It would cause problems if someone played the quest with the wrong version of ZC, but that's really nothing new; most quests have bugs if they're played in the wrong version anyway.

View Post

There's problems with using those items you've suggested:

Amulet 2: I'm pretty sure, but not entirely, that it actually does have a function; I believe it works exactly like Amulet 1.

Bow 2: Bow 2 s fully functional. It works like Bow 1, except it shoots arrows at a quicker rate.

Nayru's Love / Farore's Wind: They are both functional in 2.10 and up, otherwise you can do whatever you'd like with them

A wonderful idea, which was done by XdragonSB in "Lady of Dreams", is to use the three spells as misc. items by not enabling magic in the quest.
XDB used the spells as the three Spiritual Stones, and because he didn't enable magic in his quest, they were displayed on the subscreen, but had no function.

If your quest doesn't use the classic "Ganon", you can use Dust Pile and the big Triforce as misc. items.
There's also Wallet 1, if the player starts with Wallet 2,
and Raft / Step Ladder can be used as other things if you don't plan to implement them in your quest.

#30 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(Mighty Darknut @ Apr 4 2006, 02:17 PM)
There's problems with using those items you've suggested:

Amulet 2: I'm pretty sure, but not entirely, that it actually does have a function; I believe it works exactly like Amulet 1.
[Even so, you could get away with it by not using invisible enemies.]

Bow 2: Bow 2 is fully functional. It works like Bow 1, except it shoots arrows at a quicker rate.
[Really? I didn't know that.]

Nayru's Love / Farore's Wind: They are both functional in 2.10 and up, otherwise you can do whatever you'd like with them 
[I know they work in 2.10; that's why I said 1.92]

A wonderful idea, which was done by XdragonSB in "Lady of Dreams", is to use the three spells as misc. items by not enabling magic in the quest.
XDB used the spells as the three Spiritual Stones, and because he didn't enable magic in his quest, they were displayed on the subscreen, but had no function.
[That's absolutely brilliant. I love it.]

If your quest doesn't use the classic "Ganon", you can use Dust Pile and the big Triforce as misc. items.
There's also Wallet 1, if the player starts with Wallet 2,
and Raft / Step Ladder can be used as other things if you don't plan to implement them in your quest.
[Good ideas here, though the stepladder could backfire on you.]

View Post

Comments in bold. Good work.

While we're at it, I think I'll point out another use of the Misc. items: you can use them to make the player pay entrance fees. Set one to a blank tile, then make the room where the player pays into a shop. The top half of the screen will be unwalkable until the player pays.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users