(Request) Super Attack

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

So there's this game that somewhat resembled Zelda called Engage to Jabberwock that has an interesting mechanic in that if you have only one enemy onscreen, it will gain a superattack based on what enemy it is. Can someone make an FFC script base that identifies the last enemy on screen when there's only one and gives it a superattack. Basically I think I can script the attacks myself, but I just need the basic layout for the script. Anyone up to the challenge? Bonus props if you can find a way to prevent the enemy from attacking normally while the superattack is going on.

#2 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Ah, Engage to Jabberwock. Fun game. Glitchy as all crap, but fun never the less. And free. :3

Oh right, the script. The base work isn't something difficult, so I'll try to post something that you can work with.

#3 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:19 PM

Well, it all depends on how you want to do it. The easiest way is to modify the enemy's damage.

check if the enemy uses a weapon. If it does, modify the weapon damage. If not, modify its base damage.

Or just modify both.

Here's your steps.

1- Find if the number of enemies on the screen is 1.
2- find the ID of the enemy on the screen.
3- Check if it has a weapon. If you want both to be powered up, skip to step 4
4- Set enemy->Damage and enemy->WeaponDamage accordingly.

Two suggestions. Number 1: Make this an FFC script, not global. That way you can pick which screens can have powered enemies, and game bosses won't be powered by default if they were alone on the screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users