Photo

Internet Explorer or Firefox

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Internet Explorer or Firefox

Which do you prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:31 PM

Firefox ftw! Ever since I found this great browser, I refuse to go back.

#17 AntonJ3000

AntonJ3000

Junior

• Members

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:06 AM

Firefox is much better than Internet Explorer.
Haha 20 (firefox) vs 1(internet explorer)

#18 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:07 AM

I'm the only one who picked Internet Explorer?! Firefox crashes all the time..

#19 AntonJ3000

AntonJ3000

Junior

• Members

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE(fuzzyman @ Jul 25 2007, 02:07 PM) View Post

I'm the only one who picked Internet Explorer?! Firefox crashes all the time..

I would say it like "Internet Explorer crashes all the time.."
I only use Internet Explorer when I gonna download something (because when I last saved a font on Firefox it doesn't want to change folder anymore icon_confused.gif "

#20 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:36 AM

I prefer FireFox, because it's much faster than IE, and Invision Boards are not made to support IE, as they work better on FireFox.

#21 MarioBrosCom

MarioBrosCom

Adept

• Members

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:35 AM

Yes, I prefer to use Firefox, but I do use both just for compatibility's sake; the majority of users use either IE6 or IE7, so I can't just cater the website that I'm currently making (not my main one, it's another one that I'm being asked to make) to only Firefox users. It's just too bad that the two render different types of elements; IE seems to always treat DIV elements as paragraphs but not headers while Firefox automatically double-breaks headers...

#22 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:58 PM

I prefer Firefox. It's safer, more reliable, and faster. But, that's not to say that I think it's perfect. There are definitely some problems with FF. It can be slow at times (especially at start-up) and has some problems such as the memory leak, though that isn't as bad as it once was. Lastly, it really needs a better default download manager.

I personally think Firefox needs to be reprogrammed from the ground up to integrate the coding into it better. Simply tacking the code on starts getting rather inefficient fast. icon_unsettled.gif

#23 AntonJ3000

AntonJ3000

Junior

• Members

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Jul 25 2007, 07:58 PM) View Post

I prefer Firefox. It's safer, more reliable, and faster. But, that's not to say that I think it's perfect. There are definitely some problems with FF. It can be slow at times (especially at start-up) and has some problems such as the memory leak, though that isn't as bad as it once was. Lastly, it really needs a better default download manager.

I personally think Firefox needs to be reprogrammed from the ground up to integrate the coding into it better. Simply tacking the code on starts getting rather inefficient fast. icon_unsettled.gif

Firefox dosen't start up slow for me icon_confused.gif it starts up in like 1sec. and I like the Download Manager icon_biggrin.gif
And Internet Explorer uses 10x as much memory for me. Except when a friend did send a script that opened google.com every 0.01 seconds or something icon_lol.gif

#24 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:37 PM

I have been using IE for a long time. and now i am using Firefox.
It is a lot better IE is still good to.

#25 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:09 AM

Voted for Firefox. Using it right now, actually... icon_eek.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users