• Please log in to reply
2328 replies to this topic

#2251 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:43 PM

I'm certain there's an unofficial way to downgrade. I'd recommend 8.1; It's not as bad as they say, as long as you download a start menu (recommend ViStart), and it's faster than 7. It's also not as bad as the PoS Windows 10. Just search around for computers with windows 8; you'll find one  If not, Ebay exists. If not, download a hackish program to downgrade or find another copy of 8. For the first good while after 8 was released, they kept 7's around because of backlash.

Also, you might want to try being nice to the store clerks if you can't find what you're looking for. They're in the same position as you, just a different store :P

Edited by Dimentio, 10 December 2015 - 01:45 PM.

#2252 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:02 AM

Some of us have been here for over a decade. That's crazy to me in a way. Do you think we'll be posting here in 10 more years? 20 years? I hope so, but it's just nuts to think about lol. Will ZC ever be 3D? Only crack smoking time will tell.

#2253 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

Some of us have been here for over a decade. That's crazy to me in a way. Do you think we'll be posting here in 10 more years? 20 years? I hope so, but it's just nuts to think about lol. Will ZC ever be 3D? Only crack smoking time will tell.

I'm approaching the 10 year milestone for me. Just got 2 years to go :P It would be pretty amazing if I'm still here for like 20 years.

• Anthus and Shane like this

#2254 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:22 AM

You know, comparing my mentality I currently have to the one I used to have, I can see I've changed a lot for the better. The only thing hindering me is my clinical depression and my mental health overall. A lot of behind the scenes stuff is happening in my life along with school, and it's been making me stressed if not depressed. Zelda Classic has helped me cope through these tough times, as always. I personally don't want to get into these issues since I no longer like to vent and complain. I've been working on knowing how to resolve my episodes of depression and anger and so far it seems to be working really well. Of course, it's not going to remove it entirely, but it might diminish the negative effects it holds on me. If I can learn to live with depression, that'd be a great alternative. I'm also trying to resolve/move on from other issues and events that have greatly scarred me or just hindered my maturity development.

• Anthus, Eddy, Avaro and 2 others like this

#2255 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:07 PM

We will be reminiscing when we become old and gray (and/or bald)...

Back when I became a member of PureZC, when I was a young whippersnapper, we didn't have three dimensions.  We had two of them, and we liked it.  We didn't have scripting, and we were happy with the limitations of the program.  We didn't have streams and LPs, but we sat around and talked about our playing experiences, and maybe took screenshots.  We didn't have running water, so we had to fetch a pail and go to the well.  Okay, maybe not the last one, but you know what I mean.

• Anthus and Naru like this

#2256 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:19 PM

Been here on and off through-out the years.  I'll probably continue to do so.

#2257 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:27 PM

So I came home from work today to find these two running around the house. Definitely a pleasant surprise! We've named them Tucker and Murph. Tucker seems to be pretty mellow and relaxed where Murph is just full of energy and keeps bugging her brother, ha ha.

• Eddy likes this

#2258 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:51 PM

I've been playing Cave Story recently. Hard Mode is hard. At least the Core seems to be easier than Monster X...

Edited by Dimentio, 13 February 2016 - 06:52 PM.

#2259 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:34 PM

So...I had a very odd thing happen today.

About a year ago, I lost a game case that had a bunch of my 3DS games on a bus. I took it out to swap games and somehow missed putting back in my bag but never noticed until after I got off the bus at the terminal and it had taken off. So I lost some pretty good and now hard to get games. I called the depot and made posts on Facebook in hopes that someone would find this and return it. Unfortunately this never happened so I decided to just slowly start buying the games that I lost again. Among those games were Etrian Odyssey Untold and Etrian Mystery Dungeon.

Fast forward to today. Some friends and I were killing time before we had dinner. We decided to check the hock shop nearby for the hell of it. Maybe we'd find something cool? It's always interesting to see some of the stuff they've got.

I decided to look at their loose (3)DS games. What do I spot? Etrian Odyssey Untold and Etrian Mystery Dungeon. I didn't think much of it at first, but I thought in the back of my head 'wouldn't it be funny if these were the same carts I lost? I mean, they might be, but someone may have wiped the saves off of them or something But heck, let's see if the staff will let me see.' The one on duty decided to let me try popping it into my 3DS after explaining the situation. I would know immediately for either game since Untold had a main character with a name I knew nobody else would have rolled with. And I know my Mystery Dungeon guild well enough to recognize them.

As you probably figured out, these were indeed my old Etrian carts. Save data seemingly untouched. Untold didn't interest me much since in my current save, I'd gotten passed where I was at before. But Mystery Dungeon? I was on the final main game dungeon with a good team and plenty of resources. I got to talk to the manager and after explaining the situation again, they decided that they would let me swap my current cart at home for the one they had, basically giving me my old team and stuff back.They seemed to understand that it's the exact same game - effectively all I wanted was the data.

Sadly none of the other games I lost were there. But hey. I'll count my blessing here that I found any at all.

• Anthus, The Satellite, Eddy and 1 other like this

#2260 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:26 PM

Went to the gym today. Did my hour elliptical and did a 2000 meter row in 9m:35s.

#2261 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:13 AM

So I had a job interview today at a restaurant, and uh, I did so well on it that I kind of got promoted before I got hired?  I was applying for a base position (since I was nervous and hadn't held a job in a couple months so I wanted to ease back into things) but throughout our conversation, they were just like, "Honestly, we're thinking we could really use you as a shift leader instead, you seem like someone who would make a good leader and understands the industry really well."  So what the hell, I'll take better hours, a higher rate of pay, and free food.  Sure, why not.

• Magi_Hero, Shane, Eddy and 5 others like this

#2262 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

I played Hero of Dreams recently, and I'm sure I can die happy until I know where that overworld song is from.  Anybody know?

#2263 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:49 PM

From a very unlikely source. If I recall correctly, Shoelace himself didn't know the original source of the song, having stumbled upon the midi somewhere on the internet. Somebody (I forget who) found the song, recognized it, and enlightened the rest of us.

#2264 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:33 PM

Done with the AP Calculus test, meaning that I'll have more time to work on my ZC projects I've been neglecting for too long.

The proctor had a bag of Jolly Ranchers at the front of the room, of which I grabbed two large handfuls.  So while everyone else was stressing themselves to death trying to figure out the derivative of arcsin x, I was sitting back eating Jolly Ranchers like it was a thing to do.

• Eddy likes this

#2265 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:45 PM

Done with the AP Calculus test, meaning that I'll have more time to work on my ZC projects I've been neglecting for too long.

The proctor had a bag of Jolly Ranchers at the front of the room, of which I grabbed two large handfuls.  So while everyone else was stressing themselves to death trying to figure out the derivative of arcsin x, I was sitting back eating Jolly Ranchers like it was a thing to do.

> Derivative of arcsin x.

That sounds brutal, but I guess I'm gonna have to know how to do all that stuff next year lol

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users