• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#1 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:01 AM

IPB Image
Ok, this is a bit different from 'To Rock.' Much darker, more story driven, slight religious undertones, and no foul language to speak of. There will be A LOT of violence, however, so keep that in mind.

This one's gonna be a bit of fun to do because rather than the strip format I used for 'To Rock...' this is a full page comic.

Basic rundown of the story...
In life, Spike Reynolds was a simple mechanic. In death, his want to see his damned wife caused him to join an elite squad of angels in order to score a deal with the higher powers to bring her to heaven with him.

LINK

BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK

Edited by Fausch, 29 June 2010 - 06:09 PM.

#2 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

Sounds a lot like Yu-Yu-Hakusho, except with a mugging instead of a car accident. Not that that's a bad thing, I liked Yu-Yu-Hakusho!

Serious, though, keep it up! I want MORE! MOAR GUARRDIANNNN ANGELLLLLLL! PLZPLZPLZ!

#3 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ Jul 1 2010, 11:00 AM) View Post

Sounds a lot like Yu-Yu-Hakusho, except with a mugging instead of a car accident. Not that that's a bad thing, I liked Yu-Yu-Hakusho!

Serious, though, keep it up! I want MORE! MOAR GUARRDIANNNN ANGELLLLLLL! PLZPLZPLZ!

Groovy. Thanks for all the kind words. I've never seen Yu Yu Hakusho, but my friend's gonna let me borrow a box-set of em, so I'll see what you mean.

I can't make promises, but I'm trying to get this one to run weekly.

Also, You can has RSS icon_razz.gif

Edited by Fausch, 01 July 2010 - 01:00 PM.

#4 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE(Fausch @ Jul 1 2010, 01:00 PM) View Post

Groovy. Thanks for all the kind words. I've never seen Yu Yu Hakusho, but my friend's gonna let me borrow a box-set of em, so I'll see what you mean.

Yusuke Urameshi, the main character, gets run over by a car, dies, and returns to life to be a ghost detective. And that's not a spoiler, you could find all that out from the first few episodes (or at least, so I'm guessing. I read the manga, I never watched the anime)

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 01 July 2010 - 01:12 PM.

#5 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ Jul 1 2010, 02:02 PM) View Post

Yusuke Urameshi, the main character, gets run over by a car, dies, and returns to life to be a ghost detective. And that's not a spoiler, you could find all that out from the first few episodes.

I dig. There's a bit more depth to the backstory than that. But that'll unfold with time.

#6 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

Well, it looks like with yours, you're kind of starting in medias res. The actual story starts with the first page, but the important details that make the story tick all happen before that.

#7 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:08 AM

New page is up. For those of you who care. This strip, as long as I keep my **** together, will be weekly. Updates Tuesday at between 12 and 2 AM EST.

Edited by Fausch, 06 July 2010 - 01:22 AM.

#8 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:02 AM

I'd love to check this out, but that site has too many things around the pages, which causes the PSP to complain about not having enough memory. I don't have my own laptop yet, so I wouldn't be able to read at my own pace. I guess this adds to my list of hype for the new laptop I'm supposed to get this summer icon_smile.gif.

#9 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:48 AM

That's a major downer. LOVE IT!

Why do I like depressing stuff so much? Am I some kind of psychopath?

Anyway, keep the updates coming, I need my weekly heroine shot fix of depressing entertainment!

#10 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

@Koh: Here, I'll direct link you to the images. Cut out a lot of the ads and BS.

Page 1
Page 2

@Powerguantlets: I like depressing too. Like I said before, this'll be a weekly gig, so you'll get your fix.

#11 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:36 PM

Oh now I see, it wasn't the site this time around, but the image dimensions. For PNG's, they won't load if you have the "Conserve Memory" setting on, and without it, the max dimensions for them are 1024 x 1024.

If DeviantArt has a mobile site, they should have a scaled down version, checking...

EDIT: Oh! I got it to work on SmackJeeves! Now I can check this out icon_smile.gif!

Edited by Koh, 06 July 2010 - 12:39 PM.

#12 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

I recommend using the 3/4 profile a lot more. It's a technique you could definitely work on improving and it's very useful at that.

Also, really like the layout of that last comic. It's less of a story comic and more of a concept comic, and that's something to definitely work on and integrate more often.

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 06 July 2010 - 01:44 PM.

#13 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ Jul 6 2010, 02:42 PM) View Post

I recommend using the 3/4 profile a lot more. It's a technique you could definitely work on improving and it's very useful at that.

Also, really like the layout of that last comic. It's less of a story comic and more of a concept comic, and that's something to definitely work on and integrate more often.

Okay. Thanks for the advice and kind words. I used to use 3/4 a lot more. Dunno exactly why I haven't as much lately.

#14 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

So I've been wondering this for a while...what's his wife's name?

#15 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

So I've been wondering this for a while...what's his wife's name?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users