Database of Forum Releases

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:00 AM

Hey, guys. I've been working on some old stuff and thinking about how many things are released on the forums and then fade into nothingness. I used to have a nice little collection, but over the years it's mostly been lost. Perhaps we could work together to gather it all up again, for the benefit of the community? If so, I'd be willing to host it all in my Dropbox or elsewhere.

Here are some things I'd like to find:

• Evile's MC tileset, MZC, and the edited LA set
  • NoeL's Squigglevision/2colorquest
  • Parade of the Numbers tileset (looks like this)
  • Maps and miscellany from Freedom's old website

POST UNDER CONSTRUCTION :)

Freedom

NoeL

PrinceMSC

Nuvo

Jared

TO BE ADDED: Sheik, Shane, Anthus, Captain Magenta.

Have something you'd like added? Let me know! Have I added something of yours you don't want added? Also let me know!

Edited by Geoffrey, 28 October 2017 - 06:54 PM.

• ShadowTiger, Rambly, Anthus and 6 others like this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:02 AM

Hey, guys. I've been working on some old stuff and thinking about how many things are released on the forums and then fade into nothingness. I used to have a nice little collection, but over the years it's mostly been lost. Perhaps we could work together to gather it all up again, for the benefit of the community? If so, I'd be willing to host it all in my Dropbox or elsewhere.

Here are some things I'd like to find:

• Evile's MC tileset, MZC, and the edited LA set
  • PrinceMSC's AI Tiles (Adventure Island)
  • 2 Color Quest, or something like that; it was only two colors, every tile had two frames of animation, and it looked like a sketch book. Very cool. I think the creator of this released something else alongside it.
  • NoeL's quest that used these mountains and overall had very realistic graphics for ZC. The beginning was rainy until you found the sword on a beach. I think he also released a few other things over the years. This one is first priority.
  • Parade of Numbers tileset
  • Captain Magenta's 8-Bit Tileset
  • Freedom's Robin Hood demo

I'm pretty sure I have Prince's AI tiles, somewhere. That's the key word. I have over 20 gigs, of ZC stuff, but I can try to find the ones I bolded since I'm pretty sure I downloaded them. Freedom's stuff might be a bit more tricky. I am certain I have the Adventure Tileset (the one used in Robin Hood), but I'm not sure if I ever downloaded the Robin Hood demo. I -think- I did, but it's been so long. Any idea which version, or beta it used to make my search a bit easier?

As for NoeL's thing, I'm pretty sure that was called "Prophecies". He's still pretty active here, you could just PM him. Otherwise, I might have this too.

The MC stuff is being worked on by someone, I think, so maybe they can drop in.

• Parade of Numbers tileset
  • Captain Magenta's 8-Bit Tileset

I'm not sure what these are.

#3 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

1. I'm pretty sure I have Prince's AI tiles, somewhere. That's the key word. I have over 20 gigs, of ZC stuff, but I can try to find the ones I bolded since I'm pretty sure I downloaded them. 2. Freedom's stuff might be a bit more tricky. I am certain I have the Adventure Tileset (the one used in Robin Hood), but I'm not sure if I ever downloaded the Robin Hood demo. I -think- I did, but it's been so long. Any idea which version, or beta it used to make my search a bit easier?

3. As for NoeL's thing, I'm pretty sure that was called "Prophecies". He's still pretty active here, you could just PM him. Otherwise, I might have this too.

4. The MC stuff is being worked on by someone, I think, so maybe they can drop in.

5. I'm not sure what these are.

1. I've found the copy of ai.qst uploaded by Joe123 near the end of the release topic. I imagine it's the same as Prince's original release, but if you have an earlier one that'd be great.

2. Is your copy of the Adventure Tileset different from the one in the database? Also, did Freedom ever finish Robin Hood? I don't remember his doing so. Can't remember which version. :(

3-4. I'll PM NoeL. I think Sheik should have the MC stuff, so I'll message him too, but I'm not sure.

5. Here's the thread in which ElLibertador released Parade of the Numbers; all the pictures have been deleted, however, so I'm not sure how helpful it'll be.

I've found the copy of Captain Magenta's stuff that Furion/Lord Ike/Astromeow/Marco worked on and made more useable, but if you have Captain Magenta's initial release that'd be great. It looks like this:

zfJFluQ.png

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:37 PM

1. I've found the copy of ai.qst uploaded by Joe123 near the end of the release topic. I imagine it's the same as Prince's original release, but if you have an earlier one that'd be great.

2. Is your copy of the Adventure Tileset different from the one in the database? Also, did Freedom ever finish Robin Hood? I don't remember his doing so. Can't remember which version. :(

3-4. I'll PM NoeL. I think Sheik should have the MC stuff, so I'll message him too, but I'm not sure.

5. Here's the thread in which ElLibertador released Parade of the Numbers; all the pictures have been deleted, however, so I'm not sure how helpful it'll be.

I've found the copy of Captain Magenta's stuff that Furion/Lord Ike/Astromeow/Marco worked on and made more useable, but if you have Captain Magenta's initial release that'd be great. It looks like this:

[pic]

1. That is also the one I have.. at least, that's what I'd say if I could actually find it.  EDIT: Found it. You can check it out. I started to draw one screen, but it seems identical to his release. [linkI do vaguely remember that thread (more accurately, I remember how hyped people were when he released them), even though I didn't post it in, so that's more than likely the version I would have had. I'm going through my old ZC crap now, but if I find it, I'll still post it for you so you can compare.

2. Yes, I forgot Freedom actually released the tileset. It's even the first set in the DB >.>. As far as I know, he did not finish Adventures of Robin Hood. I remember he got really pissed, and basically quit ZC cause of bugs and whatnot. It was a different time indeed. I will also keep looking for the demo. I tracked down a post of Freedom's, since he had a site with a lot of his stuff in his sig, but sadly, the page has been lost to the ravages of time. He hasn't been online since 2012 (not to be dark, but does anyone know if he is still alive? I know he was fairly old for a ZC user) so getting a hold of him is probably not happening. He was usually nice about this stuff though, in contrast to some of his gruffness, he gave me the password for Search for Elise cause I wanted to use the tileset, but that never happened cause it is complex af. EDIT: Found the demo. It is passworded. FWIW, I tried the password he gave me for SFE, but it didn't work. :P

3-4. Yeah, iirc, again Sheik has done a lot of stuff with the BSMC package, which, I think Linkus put together, but I know it has changed hands a number of times.

I still got nothin' for the last two though. Sorry. :(

--

Also related, I figured I'd drop this here. A while back, when ZC was transitioning to 2.11+, ShadowTiger, and a few others were working on a rather ambitious group quest known as "NeoFirst". It was a collab project, that I don't think ever got finished. I have a version of that, but I'm not at all sure how current it is. It's from an old 2.11 beta, but it opens up in 2.50.2. It might not be usable today, but it's worth mentioning here. 

#5 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

-snip-

1. Sounds good. If you find any other cool stuff too, don't hesitate to share. :)

2. Yeah, Freedom was quite the character, a bit rough around the edges but generally quite happy to help out. Hope he's doing well. I always wanted to take a look around Quest for Elise's tileset, actually. If you still have it, would you feel comfortable PMing me the password or an unpassworded file? Just for personal interest - not to share here or anything.

--

Ah, I vaguely remember NeoFirst! Thanks for sharing. I'll snoop around a bit. Maybe I'll ask ST about it. The more stuff the better.

Edited by Geoffrey, 19 September 2017 - 02:56 PM.

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:23 PM

I found the old 2005 Expo page for Adventures of Robinhood, but the link is broken. I dunno if anyone can, or would, but maybe the link could be edited to work?

Since we're posting old, obscure stuff, I'm going to shamelessly post my own overly ambitious project from 2005. The Hero's Burden was my attempt at a big quest. It's inconsistent, buggy, and unfinished. :D. Expo thread | Download link. The demo is passworded. I forgot the password, but here is an open version of the version I think the demo was derived from. There was also Link's Hangover, which some people might remember, and it has since been dumped as an incomplete quest file too.

"Hey, Anthus, are you ever going to dump that massive overworld you made like 5 years ago, and frequently post for no reason?"

... Maybe. If people want it.

#7 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

I found the old 2005 Expo page for Adventures of Robinhood, but the link is broken. I dunno if anyone can, or would, but maybe the link could be edited to work?

Since we're posting old, obscure stuff, I'm going to shamelessly post my own overly ambitious project from 2005. The Hero's Burden was my attempt at a big quest. It's inconsistent, buggy, and unfinished. :D. Expo thread | Download link. The demo is passworded. I forgot the password, but here is an open version of the version I think the demo was derived from. There was also Link's Hangover, which some people might remember, and it has since been dumped as an incomplete quest file too.

"Hey, Anthus, are you ever going to dump that massive overworld you made like 5 years ago, and frequently post for no reason?"

... Maybe. If people want it.

Thanks a ton, Anthus. I'll take a look through your stuff as well. In fact, I encourage people to post their old stuff in this thread! After all, making sure old stuff doesn't die is the point. :)

• Anthus likes this

#8 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

You know what? I'm doing it. I've been going back and fourth on this for years, but I'm going to post it here. I don't think I'll ever finish it, but that doesn't matter anyway, cause I would have made it unpassworded.

So here is my massive Classic Project that started all the way back in 2009, and had a lot of stuff done on and off through 2012. There have been a few attempts in the last 5 years to work on it, but the same thing always happens. I get bored, lose focus, and just get demotivated.

It's not really playable at all. It's basically a collections of maps and tiles at this point.

["Legend of ZQuest" or "BFCQ" as it was called at one point (Big Fucking Classic Quest)]

#9 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:56 PM

I've updated the main post to contain screenshots of and links to most of the stuff. More to come! :)

• Anthus, Sheik and Naru like this

#10 Chris

Chris

The Sun Is in Your Hand!

• Members

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:44 AM

What about contest-content? From what I have seen there are many contests that offer great stuff that isn't released through the database later, I know of at least two great quests from Moosh that fall into this category. And based on how many contests you can find here it isn't easy to navigate through them.

I also think it would be great to pin this to underline the topic, it isn't the first of the kind after all and they seem to be forgotten over time, for example.

https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=73650

https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=70378

Some other things:

Jared:

https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=73775

Cukeman:

https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=73013

https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=54729

Feenicks:

https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=71949

Sheik:

https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=58986