Jump?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hisinfernalmajesty (Guest)

Guest_hisinfernalmajesty (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:29 PM

when are you guys gonna get it together and find a way to make link jump and i had another idea. i couldnt get this to work. its kinda complicated to write but here it goes. lets say there is a bridge. well you want to be able to walk over it and under it,right? well i put triggers at the top and triggers at the bottom and hoped that when he stepped in the trigger then the layer would be cancelled and it didnt so i hoped that if i made it so there was no layer and then you stepped on the trigger at the bottom and there was a layer then. but that didnt work either so yeah you guys should get on it and fix that or add something in the next one so that you can jump and that **** with the layers will work.

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:12 PM

Keep in mind while building a quest that ZQuest does have many limitations. Link's inability to jump is a major drawback, but we can't do anything about it other than imitate the best we can. icon_mad.gif
Don't get me wrong, though; there ARE some rather complex work-arounds to this, such as replacing the ladder sprite with a shadow, and making mini-cutscenes of Link jumping when he approaches a certain tile, but I'm not sure if it's really worth the effort. (At least it isn't for me.) icon_razz.gif

As far as your second question, may I reccomend this topic to answer? icon_wink.gif

Hope this helps.

#3 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:54 AM

Well, the people here at PureZC do not work on ZC. You'll want to take that question to AGN. icon_shrug.gif

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:43 PM

Actually, they're working on implimaenting "roc's feather", which means, jumping.

I have no idea if this will be the next version, or when the next version will be released...

All we can do is wait, but if you want to ask a question, go to the official AGN Zelda Classic forums, crete an account, and ask them there, but I wouldn't take that tone... no offense...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users