Problem with Red Wizzrobes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:10 PM

I have come across a problem in my game. I made a room with 5 red wizzorbes, and checked the enter from sides flag so they appear one at a time, like in James Quest and Armageddon Quest, but no enemies appear and the shutter won't open at all. I don't know what the problem is and how to fix it. Armageddon is in Pure tileset as well so it should work (although i don't know why graphics would effect it anyway). I'm not using the freeform dungeon rule, but I don't think Nightmare did either. If anyone could help me it would be appreciated.

#2 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:26 PM

Try putting on the Freeform Dungeon rule, and making sure there is some empty space on the far side of the screen.
I've not tried this before, so, I'm only guessing on suggestions.

#3 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:23 AM

I never thought about side scrolling Red Wizzrobes! They only appear one at a time? That's cool! Does it work?

#4 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:25 AM

Yeah, it worked just fine the one time I tried it. icon_smile.gif It was, in fact, a freeform dungeon too, I think.

Pretty much the only solution I can think of to this problem, is to make the level # greater than zero, which may do nothing at all, OR, you can check the surrounding rooms for a "Full Screen Warp," which may transfer an enemy count of 0 to the new room.

#5 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:27 AM

And on the topic of it, making tektites side-in causes them to jump sideways across the screen. And peahats, they fly straight up and off the screen! icon_odd.gif
I had an idea for that peahat glitch too, and I'm sure it works with Digdoggers as well. icon_wink.gif

#6 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:41 PM

Doesn't freeform dungeons mean I have to layer all my doors? icon_frown.gif Maybe the error has something to do with unwalkable tiles in the room. Does the room have to be all walkable for this work? I have a border along the outside limiting where Link can move to make it more challenging.

#7 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:10 AM

Coulsn't you use Overhead combo? I think that's what I did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users