1 time Cutscene

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:40 PM

Well I am trying to make a cutscene go only once and only once. The thing is that I have no idea how I can pull this off other then coping the map and all the other maps that come before it only that has it's faults because I have hidden items in the maps and if they already found them then that would ruin it. :\ Suggestions anyone?

40 POSTS LEFT!!! JOY icon_smile.gif

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:02 PM

Okay, I'm not *very* experienced with these types of things, but I might know something that can help. (Your problem can certainly be solved without map copying.) Triggered secrets on overworld screens are permanent. So, that means that if you had a "stairs" combo leading to a cutscene, and then you had a trigger somewhere on the screen that changes that "stairs" combo to "none," you could have a one-time trigger. icon_smile.gif Now the question is, how would you position that trigger to be inaccessible the FIRST time on the screen? icon_wacky.gif

#3 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:28 PM

Thanks for giving me the idea but after some advice in the chat room and alot of work I managed to get it all set. icon_biggrin.gif Thanks anyway. icon_smile.gif

#4 Guest_Cynthia Rose (Guest)

Guest_Cynthia Rose (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:19 PM

What solution did you opt for?

#5 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:58 PM

Well I set up a triggered event in the begining of the cutscene that would get rid of the warp to start the cutscene. That way they can't warp back the see it again. icon_smile.gif

Thanks BH4, Nick and Praethus for putting up with me till I got it done. icon_smile.gif (To think it took me 3 ZC geniuses to help me get it right. icon_xd.gif)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users