Musical Floor Triggers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:30 PM

I was looking around on PZC and happen to click on one of Radiens buttons in his sig that brought me to one of these pics.

Radiens Screenshot from his post.
user posted image

I was thinking, you could do somthing rather neet with that.
You could have the music notes on the wall, just a wall paper and you could have blocks on the ground. You follow the notes you push by looking up at the wall.
What you could do is: Set a block on the floor, one you can stand on and have a musical note on it. Make it so this not is a stairs, set a tile warp for instant warp entrence/exit so you can't tell that you just warped any where. Next on the screen you warped too have that same block you stood on pushed in so its not triggered any more. You can add a little midi for the note that you stopped on.

I say use tile warps because it needs to be a sequence instead of just randomly stepping on the blocks.

#2 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:04 PM

Yes that could work. In fact, Petoe (who's no longer able to post in PureZC; I wonder how he is?) used this in a password system. One problem is it would eat away many screens.

#3 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:09 PM

Yeah, but you can choose as many and little as you want. Good quests need lots of detail, no half ass slacking off.

#4 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:19 PM

That's pretty clever Zemious. icon_smile.gif However, I'm not sure whether it would be necessary in DoR since you won't be required to play the songs note-by-note. The correct song will be "played" automatically when you play the ocarina on the right screen, after you have learned the necessary song (aka obtained the right Triforce).

However, I am trying to decide how to do the whistle flags. I could blanket the screen with flag #3, but that may cause some problems on certain screens, and there's always the possibility that every once in awhile the player will be standing on the one spot that doesn't have a whistle flag on it. icon_razz.gif

I'm trying to decide whether "note" platforms would be too obvious. Some won't work until you get the right song, though, so many of the ones the player encounters will require him to come back later.

#5 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:37 PM

Radien said:
That's pretty clever Zemious. icon_smile.gif However, I'm not sure whether it would be necessary in DoR since you won't be required to play the songs note-by-note.

It not just for DoR, its for every one who wants to use this trick, icon_razz.gif .

Radien also said:
However, I am trying to decide how to do the whistle flags. I could blanket the screen with flag #3, but that may cause some problems on certain screens, and there's always the possibility that every once in awhile the player will be standing on the one spot that doesn't have a whistle flag on it.

If you can't find an alternative for the wistle, you could try my idea.
Also, don't you just set flag #3 (Also known as Wistle) on a: in your case a note and then you play your wistel and a trigger happens or somthing? I have never used a wistle in my quests so I know not much about it, ;-)

Radien said again:
However, I'm not sure whether it would be necessary in DoR since you won't be required to play the songs note-by-note.

I was talkign about: You put several tiles on the ground with a picture of a note on them, you stand on the correct one and you are insta-warped to that same spot and you hear a little ding or a sound of a note (a midi might work), after that you do this till you reach the last not you stand on. You finally stand on the last note and you are insta-warded to another screen but the door is now opened, or you can do a trigger with that last one that triggers it to open a door. I may do somthing like that for ....I can't say, its a secret ;-)

Edited by Zemious, 06 April 2005 - 07:42 PM.

#6 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:16 PM

Wait! That could work! It feels a bit child-ish, but it works...Hmmm....

#7 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:53 PM

SwordofSeals said:
Wait! That could work! It feels a bit child-ish, but it works...Hmmm....

You think the tricks childish! O_O,^_^

You may see it soon in a quest...If you can find it

#8 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 04:08 PM

This would be particularly interesting if you set up a huge keyboard on the floor and put a tune on the wall. Then the non-musically-literate would be stuck for ages... icon_lol.gif

#9 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:59 PM

WOW! Thank you sooooo much lord_jamitossi! Instead of what you said, you could just put a keyboard on the groud and have the keys and such, you step on the right letter letter to finally reveal a word or sentence of some kind. This word could be used in many ways, a cheat code. A hint for a room in your quest.

Thank you sooo much!

#10 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:37 AM

That's what I was suggesting, sort of. It seems too childish, probably because I played Star Tropics when I was a kid. It just seems very unrealistic. But, it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users