• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:47 PM

Deus Ex: The Enemy Within.

Unzip it, and listen to the music. Now imagine this. Link walks back to his very friendly home village, to find nobody there. The music is slow, dim, and so suspenseful at that point. Link wanders from house to house, looking for people. Dust in various places, but not too much. Not one sign of life though.

Soon, when the music picks up, the enemies start breaking through the walls. Some of them are the same people from the village, turned enemies! icon_eek.gif The music is REALLY intense now. Link runs toward higher ground to think.

Thoughts? ... Comment particularly on the music. Remember, the better suited the music is for the situation, obviously, the better. icon_razz.gif

#2 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:03 PM

Creepy. Though, unfortunately, I have to say won't due. Why? Something like this can't be done well in 2D. To be honest, I have never been scared from a 2D game, even back when I was frightened of Boo's castle in SM64DS. icon_shrug.gif

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:13 PM

icon_rolleyes.gif

LTM ...

It's not about actually getting the player scared. It's about making the effort. Going the extra mile to do so!

(Besides, I just needed a chance to show off the MP3. icon_heh.gif )

#4 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:18 PM

Oh... OH!

Well, since you put it that way, it's a cool idea. It would still make a more dramtic story, and would do a heck of a lot better than "Link's family and friends died", which most quests simply do. If you manage to pull it off, kudos to you. icon_thumbsup.gif

#5 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 24 March 2005 - 06:54 PM

Hmm, I dunno... it sounds somewhat similar to Resident Evil 4... Well, from what I've heard of RE4, anyway...

There are lots of various things you could do with the "townspeople have disappeared but aren't actually dead" idea.

#6 fenoxfrost

fenoxfrost

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:29 PM

The music was very intense in the end and I think it'd fit the scene. Sounds cool! icon_heh.gif Good luck on pulling it off. icon_lol.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users