Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#751 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:37 AM

yR95j7q.png

I opened this chest but couldn't get the item. I don't know if the block is blocking me from getting it. I'm hoping it's the magic key.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#752 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:45 PM

Oh hot damn, we got us a big chest bug.  Yeah, I'll tend to that when I get home and get you a new version; maybe your own unique one with a warp that leads directly there.  I'm going to the dentist later and I might be a bit loopy when I get home, so don't be surprised if Link is upside-down or something.  Just remind me later.

Okie dokie. Got a bug fix. The thing.

#753 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:51 PM

I don't know if you saw my earlier edit, but I absolutely cannot figure out what to do in the Crypt after beating Geist on B-2 (blue floor outside his door).  I have four keys and nowhere I can use them.   I think I need the hammer next.  I feel like I am missing an entrance.

#754 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:09 AM

Yep. No one gets notifications of edits though, sadly. But I'm glad you have those keys though! You'll need them. I'm doing this real early in the morning so lemme know if you need any other instructions.

1) From the Graveyard surface in Crystalia, there are three houses. The left-most house is blue and has no statue next to it, and crosses two horizontal screens. The right half of that house is on the screen with the bush you need to burn to find an entrance into the Crypt. The bush is between the upper two 2x2 graves.

2) Fall into that hole. You'll arrive in a screen with a red gem door that should be open if you've driven Geist down a floor. Go east, kill the enemies, then go south. Fall into that pit.

3) After falling, go east. (There's a bombable wall to the south that contains a key in that southern room.) Unlock the lower door, then go east, and fall into that pit. (The chest in this room contains an HCP.)

4) You'll fall into a room with spikes and skull-pots. Go east.

5) Go south. You'll arrive in a room with a blue gem door on the east. The hammer is in the next room beyond it.

If you haven't driven off Geist on this floor, he's in the south-east portion of the same floor as the hammer, just one screen south of it.

#755 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:57 AM

that happend to me,when you die and continue on that room you get stuck , i had to retry to get out on there

im on blester tower dungeon now, thanks to shadowtiger   :thumbsup:

Sorry to show my noobishness, but I've never figured out how to post one.   I know how to take one (F12), and I think I need to use a some type of photo-hosting service, but I've never figured out exactly how to do it.   The link might work.

Room is on F1, directly below the far-left eye in the skull.  Closed door on left, two open doors on right, open door to the south, red floor in the middle with two torches, stairs near the top left.   I spawn just to the left of the stairs, move up, and I'm basically situated on the border between the floor and wall.   I can hit enemies below me, they cannot damage me.  I cannot move.  

http://s86.photobuck...html?sort=3&o=0

Edited by nandobyker, 13 August 2019 - 11:00 AM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#756 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:07 PM

Perfect instructions.   Thanks!   I had been that way once before but forgot that's where the blue dot door was located.  The Crypt is hurting my brain.  Now just looking for the boss key but not asking yet.   After I finish the Crypt I think I know where the lens is so I'm going to try and go and get it.   That should help with things.  

• ShadowTiger likes this

#757 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:40 PM

Oh god yes.  The lens is an amazingly helpful thing in this quest.  Top-right screen in the second floor of the Excavation.  From F-1, go straight north.  One of the rooms near the top of the middle "fork" of the map has stairs under a pot.  That's how you get that one key for B-2 and get to the Lens.    You can walk across the floor to get to the Lens.  From the door, it's straight right, then straight up when you're vertically aligned with the lens.

#758 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:10 PM

What i have do do here, my brain hurt so much :shrug:

there is a hole in the middle disturbing me , i did try to move the white block to the empty square but i fail

zc-screen00001.png

Edited by nandobyker, 13 August 2019 - 09:21 PM.

#759 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:01 PM

What i have do do here, my brain hurt so much :shrug:
there is a hole in the middle disturbing me , i did try to move the white block to the empty square but i fail

zc-screen00001.png

you own the ladder yet?

#760 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:17 AM

Yep, the ladder from the Devouring Forest is needed there. Oh, and the L2 Gauntlet from Blester.

Dunno why it was engineered that way in the original. :blink:

#761 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:45 AM

Crypt down and lens obtained!   Was the lens reworked a bit?   I seem to recall you used to have to fall down a floor in the right spot or something, but after six years I could be remembering wrong.   Also I know you used to be able to get a couple of super good items really early (like even the best tunic) but that's been changed, right?  

• ShadowTiger likes this

#762 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:13 AM

You can't get the Gold Tunic until you get the Mirror Shield or some way to reflect magic, and the ladder, and the wand maybe. .. and a whole bunch of Relics.  But you can get the L4 Boomerang from the western-most screen of the bottom floor of the Excavation if you're clever, yes.  It involves going to a screen to the west, killing all the enemies but the mirror-robe, and going back to the screen to kill the last enemy that took its place.  It's tough but possible.  Then you just need to walk through a maroon-colored block to get to the L4 boomerang, and bam, you also now have a shortcut back to F-1 of the Excavation.

That L4 boomerang makes the whole game sooo much easier, I swear.

#763 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:28 AM

In the old version on the quest the hole is not there

I got the L2 Gauntlet without that i could not enter on that cave, but i dont have the ladder

I see that the ladder is in the next dungeon predator body, but why do i have to go on the next dungeon to get an item that i need to beat the previous dungeon blester tower?

happened the same on the crypt and the train station

Yep, the ladder from the Devouring Forest is needed there. Oh, and the L2 Gauntlet from Blester.

Dunno why it was engineered that way in the original. :blink:

Edited by nandobyker, 14 August 2019 - 09:34 AM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#764 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:34 AM

Interesting.  I guess I wouldn't feel so bad about taking that hole out then.  The ladder itself is the main treasure in the "Predator" Dungeon of the Devouring Forest.  Note that the Gauntlet is gotten about 2/3 of the way through the Blester Tower dungeon and there should be one locked door or so near the top of the tower, so it should be possible, but I'll take a look at it when I get home.  Please remind me if you don't get an update on this within 12 hours.

EDIT: Now with %.013 fewer holes!

#765 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:55 PM

Yeah thanks I figured out the L4 boomerang thing!  Not even super hard, maybe died once or twice in the wizzrobe room.   I think between the L3 sword, potions, the boomerang, the lens and all the hearts I have (14 or 15 by now) the rest of the game won't be too bad.  

• ShadowTiger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users