Photo

Band names.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Band names.

What should my band's name be?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:38 AM

Well, my band is well and truly alive. Quite recently, I learned that a friend of mine can play the bass, so now I technically have a full band. (He can also play the drums and guitar, which is pretty good. icon_biggrin.gif ) Here is the list:

Vocals/Keyboardist
Lead Guitarist/Vocals (Me)
Rhythm Guitarist
Bass Player/Rhythm Guitarist/Drummer
Drummer

However, the big two problems are that we need to write good songs (I've had a go, and have already written three - two of which no-one knows about and one the drummer has read through and said it's crap), and we need a name. So I have set up a poll to find out which ones seem to tickle your fancy.

So, discuss. Time starts now.

Edited by Taco Chopper, 16 May 2007 - 03:57 AM.

#2 The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:45 AM

Start is a pretty great name actually.
all you for a band name is to spell cool words wrong, like lazor or limozeen lol
but me, I would go with start. you play guitar? thats cool, I've been playing for about 2 years now. how long have you been playing?

#3 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:50 AM

Four years, three guitars (one acoustic/electric, the other two electric), two sets of speakers and slightly damaged hearing to answer your question, JackFrost.

#4 The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:59 AM

I have an acoustic and an electric.
but I have mainly been playing my acoustic lately.
but I just got a chorus petal. what kind of music do you play?

#5 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:02 AM

It's mainly alternative/rock, but we are influenced by bands like Blink 182 (which is punk).

I came up with "Start", "Clive" and "The Masterplan", my brother (who is the vocalist/keyboardist, must i add) came up with "Roadkill" and the bass player came up with "Core" today in P.E. I think that name must have been to do with the fact we were in the weights room.. icon_eek.gif

#6 The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:07 AM

I play alot of old rock songs and some country.
my dad taught me to play, so I learned alot of old songs.
Right now me and him been working on some blues tunes.
I play some My Chemical Romance, Metallica, Boston, the Eagles,
Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, I've been playing long enough to forgot all the stuff I can play so I'll get back to you.

#7 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:48 PM

Hey Taco, I thing "the master plan" sounds good. Hey I got an tip on righting music/ lyrics for, When writing it doesn't have too rhyme, and you should write out the tabs, sheet music, what ever you wanna call it, at the same time. And lastly but most importantly
right stuff that happens to you (has, will, want) stuff that has a meaning. If you write what you feel inside It aways is better than just making up junk. And if you don't want it to be so personal than use medafors. But I think you should go with the master plan!

#8 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:09 PM

Roadkill and Core already exist as quite famous bands I tihnk. And I wouldn't call a band name after another band's song/album - calling yourself The Masterplan means youve then got to be as good or better than Oasis, otherwise people will always associate you with Oasis.

Start is quite good - and Clive's kind of funny; way to pick the stereotype Aussie name! (If you change it to Bruce after one album there'll be trouble!)

I once found an interne-based program that created random names. How about: Violent Outrageous Television? When I was younger our band was going to be called that.

#9 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(ennonfenom @ May 16 2007, 05:18 AM) View Post

Hey Taco, I thing "the master plan" sounds good. Hey I got an tip on righting music/ lyrics for, When writing it doesn't have too rhyme, and you should write out the tabs, sheet music, what ever you wanna call it, at the same time.

Yeah, that's what I've done with all three songs I've written, so far...

#10 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:42 PM

http://www.homestarr.../sbemail16.html

Hah, Master Plan icon_biggrin.gif (inside joke)

Anyway, I voted for that. Kinda sounds cool.

But you really should name it "Black Plastic".

#11 Deepfreeze

Deepfreeze

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:49 PM

If I had to name a band, I call 'em the God-Eaters, because that's obscure yet recognizable if you read lots of Sci-Fi, and it sounds cool. Then dress up as native Americans when you play. Definitely not too corny.

As your names go, I'm not particularly fond of any of them. Core, the Masterplan, Roadkill, and Start really don't sound that original, especially if you borrowed them from obvious places. I'd say if you were to borrow something from Oasis, take it from the lyrics of a song. More obscure, more original, more likely to be catchy, more better.

Harsh, I know, but I'm not much for hardly any pop-influenced (and by pop I mean anything mainstream, and, despite popular opinion, when alternative makes it in the top 40 consistently, it's only alternative in name) bands, so most likely I hate your style too. icon_shrug.gif Don't take my advice if it's pointing you in the wrong direction.

#12 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE(Taco Chopper @ May 15 2007, 02:56 PM) View Post

Yeah, that's what I've done with all three songs I've written, so far...

Yeah just keep it up, and practice. You know practice makes perfect icon_wink.gif I wasn't the best at first shoot I'm still not the best but I am alot better! And got maybe four "15" track albums worth of good lyrics. Its just I haven't had the money to put it on cd yet! But any ways once again master plan, and practice!

#13 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:44 AM

Indeed, Ennon. I've decided to type the songs up on the computer, and upload them somewhere you can look at them and laugh.
(I'll post this now and edit it later once each one is on the internet.)

Busman - I wrote this about one of my bus drivers who crashed into another bus while that bus was parked. He took off that bus's rear view mirror on the driver's side, which is the left hand side in Australia. It's also about drugs. I think.

Stand By Me - I was bored. This was the first one I wrote - I think it's the average of the three songs.

Don't Go Away Now - This is the new one I wrote. It took me two nights to write, but the main riff came to me in the shower.

I feel pretty low, telling you all about these three songs..

Edited by Taco Chopper, 16 May 2007 - 02:28 AM.

#14 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE(Taco Chopper @ May 15 2007, 11:44 PM) View Post

Indeed, Ennon. I've decided to type the songs up on the computer, and upload them somewhere you can look at them and laugh.
(I'll post this now and edit it later once each one is on the internet.)

Busman - I wrote this about one of my bus drivers who crashed into another bus while that bus was parked. He took off that bus's rear view mirror on the driver's side, which is the left hand side in Australia. It's also about drugs. I think.

Stand By Me - I was bored. This was the first one I wrote - I think it's the average of the three songs.

Don't Go Away Now - This is the new one I wrote. It took me two nights to write, but the main riff came to me in the shower.

I feel pretty low, telling you all about these three songs..

Hey no need to feel low! I think I like Don't go Away now! it reminds me of R.E.M seriously! I haven't heard you sing yet but if you can pull of an R.E.M and make it sound something like "every body hurts" or "Try not to breath" And It will be really good man! Look at my myspace page and you can hear what "try not to breath" sounds like!

Any who there good but could use some work and with practice will come experience>perfection~

#15 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:12 AM

I suck at singing. I think. My brother's better at the singing. I 'll ask him now and see what he says.

He doesn't seem happy with it.. I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: He's told me that my singing of the chorus of "Don't Go Away Now" works beautifully. He says I need a bit of an improvement, but he's impressed.

Edited by Taco Chopper, 16 May 2007 - 03:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users