2.5 Overworld

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aefre

Aefre

artist guy

• Members

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:21 AM

i made the first dungeon... ok and the first town... ok. but then the bigoverworld comes in, what do i do for design.

ive never been a good outdoor/indoor designer, more of a dungeon designer, so im clueless. right now its a tan

(im using the GB tileset BTW) overworld with some grass, looks lame. i keep trying but everytime it just... fails.

maybe some tips would help, please help. ~GreatJK

#2 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

Variety is the key here. You need to make the overworld have that sense of mystery that encourages you to explore it. If you're stuck on what to do, try thinking what to put around the dungeons. If this dungeon has more of a water theme, why not add a lake or swamp around it? You can always go creative and have a fire dungeon on a lake like what we seen in A Link Between Worlds, it also helps the surprise factor too. Immersion is great when you do not know what to expect in a world, so if your overworld is just grass... then needless to say you aren't going to get far, lol. Also colour helps too. Give every screen at least three main colours. For example, green for grass, brown for mountains and red for flowers. Every bit of colour helps make a beautiful world.

Edited by Charizard, 02 July 2014 - 07:28 AM.

#3 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

Maybe you could show us some of your failed attempts at making an overworld? It would help us get a better idea of exactly the kind of tips you could use.

#4 Aquamentus (Facing Right)

Aquamentus (Facing Right)

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

I know how you feel.  :|  I can't think of anything to put in my overworld that would interest the player. :confused:   :cry:  I think we just need to find inspiration from, for example, an overworld from a Zelda game like Link's Awakening. That's what I'm trying to do.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2.5, Overworld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users