The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• Please log in to reply
1641 replies to this topic

#1456 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

Yeah, but since there is "a" Beetle nearby every single stable in the game, stocking up on arrows seems only a matter of visiting different ones. I don't use fast travel so I run into a lot of people on the road who sell arrows, but yeah.

#1457 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:00 AM

It's very frustrating with

Spoiler
as you do all that work to unlock a place that sells 50 of each type of arrow to then have the store not restock later unless you're basically running out of arrows... it makes that shop feel much less of a reward.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 03 April 2017 - 02:01 AM.

#1458 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:50 AM

Here's my progress and time played, I'm considering starting a new play-through at this point: http://imgur.com/a/haXrg (Spoils the total number of Shrine Quests and Side Quests in the game)

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 03 April 2017 - 11:30 AM.

#1459 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:11 PM

One ancient arrow in the eye will finish them off, and once they start charging their beam they will generally stay still, allowing you to run up and pop an arrow. Alternatively jump off something, be it the horse, a hill, or whatever, and do the slow motion thing and you're set. No need to damage your weapons on those guys. :P

But how am I supposed to get the parts from their legs for killing them instantly? 

#1460 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:17 PM

But how am I supposed to get the parts from their legs for killing them instantly? 

Good point, forgot about that aspect of it. I never really had any issue with ancient part shortages, though I do have a tendency to grab everything I can, including farming some of the vast fields of broken Guardians for parts.

#1461 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

I'm hardcore, I don't use these fancy arrows you speak of. :P

OK maybe a few times I've used the ancient arrows but I do it the hard way usually by cutting off the legs via sneaking behind it. I also go for ones planted in the ground.

#1462 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:21 PM

Assuming this doesn't count as going into spoiler land, but Stasis+ works too and makes it a whole lot easier in general. I've heard you can also reflect the beam back at it with a Shield but do it wrong and you've probably ruined your shield plus taking a good amount of damage unless you're wearing that one set of armor with the hideous helm.

(The other parts do look quite nice, just that helm is so ugly. I wish you could apply effects from one piece of armor to another by some process so you could customize your outfit more.)

#1463 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:54 PM

Regarding reflecting Guardian beams: 

Spoiler

#1464 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:22 AM

On my warpless, I ran out to Central hyrule right out of the gate and used the shield reflect to get all the items needed to upgrade my runes before going to Hateno. It's veeeeeeery risky, but worth it early game.

#1465 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:28 AM

I've officially gotten every single Korok seed, but I still have a couple things left to do before I'm considering this game finished. Just in case, hiding them in spoiler tags.

Spoiler

• Anthus likes this

#1466 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:11 AM

I've officially gotten every single Korok seed, but I still have a couple things left to do before I'm considering this game finished. Just in case, hiding them in spoiler tags.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1467 Kivitoe

Kivitoe

Sponsored by Taco Bell

• Members

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:29 AM

Right now I'm stuck on the divine beast in Rito Village (I've been running around Hyrule, chasing Beetle and farming ancient weapons, so I'm late to the party). Too bad Nintendo just had to make that divine beast freezing cold.

#1468 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:59 AM

Thankfully, you can buy armour that makes you resistant to the cold! Unfortunately it costs an arm and a leg. You can always gather some Spicy Peppers and cook 5 at a time for some excellent cold resistance.

• Kivitoe likes this

#1469 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:12 PM

Amiibo content aside, I've done it. 100% completion of Breath of the Wild. All main quests, sidequests, shrines and shrine quests, Koroks, compendium (bought most of it), map completion, all armor pieces and fully upgraded, all key items... And it took me "210 hours or more," according to the not-specific-enough Switch playtime log. Hot damn. But I enjoyed... almost every minute of it; there's a minigame involving hopping fences with the horse that's absolutely garbage and was not built with this game's horse mechanics in mind. That and a couple of Korok seeds that sucked were the only parts of the game that were low points at all. But I've done it. Phew... and now I can relax. Until I get insane enough to get all the amiibo outfits and upgrade those too and oh God why do they all need star fragments?!?!

er I mean good video game

• Kivitoe likes this

#1470 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:45 PM

Finally snagged a copy today, using some money given to me by my brother to repay a debt.

I've only completed the Shrines on the Great Plateau and kind of started on the path the story directs you to. However, one pertinent question (probably not spoilers in the answer), but can you generally finish a shrine once you find it?

Also, this might be spoiler-ish...

Spoiler

Back to non-spoiler stuff, I also found my first Korok seed purely by accident. I'm going to try and not be consumed alive by this game, but we'll see how that turns out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users