Photo

Affiliate Links

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 03 April 2024 - 05:36 PM

Hello, this is just a reminder that the Zelda Classic homepage and downloads is still no longer listed as an affiliate link even though it has been listed there since purezc's inception. Why was this removed again?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Edited by Gleeok, 03 April 2024 - 05:36 PM.

• Yuuki likes this

#2 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 April 2024 - 09:06 PM

The first thing you see upon visiting the Zelda Classic homepage is a post targeting and deadnaming active ZC developers. The defense for this post, by the way, is flimsy at best. The website itself doesn't even directly link to the newest official release of ZC.

I have to ask - why should we provide a link to it? I'm not seeing a particularly compelling reason here.

• Anthus, Twilight Knight, Majora and 13 others like this

#3 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 04 April 2024 - 12:27 PM

Zelda Classic homepage and downloads is still no longer listed as an affiliate link even though it has been listed there since purezc's inception. Why was this removed again?

But are you a big enough Type B PureZC poster with the backing of a rich master to pay for having an affiliate link on the biggest website in Zelda classic? Hmmmm?
  • Twilight Knight, Shane, Erdrick and 3 others like this

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 04 April 2024 - 12:51 PM

Because we don't want to be associated with a bunch of boomer alt-right assholes. AGN is dead. No one takes that "community" seriously. Also, why are you asking this, Gleeok? You were there. You know exactly why we aren't affiliated with AGN anymore. And we don't ever want to be.

Also you guys defend a known pedo so that's not a good look either. You have no morals, no class, and no one gives a shit about AGN.

• Twilight Knight, Majora, Shane and 4 others like this

#5 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 04 April 2024 - 12:52 PM

The first thing you see upon visiting the Zelda Classic homepage is a post targeting and deadnaming active ZC developers. The defense for this post, by the way, is flimsy at best. The website itself doesn't even directly link to the newest official release of ZC.

I have to ask - why should we provide a link to it? I'm not seeing a particularly compelling reason here.

Really horrible... these people truly lack any form of empathy and reason...

• Anthus, Shane, Eddy and 3 others like this

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 04 April 2024 - 01:34 PM

Pure has always been just a ZC fansite, so even if we are working under the assumption that that is the "official" page, we're really under no obligation to associate with that side of the community if we don't care to.

• Anthus, Twilight Knight, Majora and 7 others like this

#7 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 04 April 2024 - 02:10 PM

IDK why you'd wanna be associated with us in the first place. It seems like AGN hates PureZC anyways, and it appears one side here is willing to nip that bud while the other isn't for whatever reason? Just seems weird.

• Anthus, Twilight Knight, Majora and 5 others like this

#8 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 04 April 2024 - 03:02 PM

IDK why you'd wanna be associated with us in the first place. It seems like AGN hates PureZC anyways, and it appears one side here is willing to nip that bud while the other isn't for whatever reason? Just seems weird.

He's probably just here to try and create drama.

I hope anyway, the alternative is much sadder.

• Twilight Knight, Shane and Emily like this

#9 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 04 April 2024 - 04:20 PM

• Twilight Knight and Shane like this

#10 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 April 2024 - 03:06 AM

Worth noting, this is the kind of discourse going on on AGN recently:

Content Warning: transphobia, light mode

Not very fitting with PureZC's friendly and inclusive image. I can see why staff would not want to link to such a place.

I would also like to go back to the good old days when AGN and Pure were both heavily focused on ZC and had affiliate links to each other in support of mutual goals but those days are long gone and the values of these two sites do not align at all.

A couple people in particular need to get their act together, do some reflecting, and write a very public, very well worded apology before we're anywhere near that point again. I suspect that's never gonna happen.

• Anthus, Twilight Knight, Taco Chopper and 8 others like this

#11 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 05 April 2024 - 03:54 AM

Worth noting, this is the kind of discourse going on on AGN recently

"Something doesn't exist simply because I say so"

The ZC community is not a place for politics IMO, it's a place for ZQuest Classic! Why even care about personal views and people being different in that setting? It's all about in- and output and respecting each other during this process. It shouldn't differ who made a quest, who developed on an engine, who made some GFX, it's all about the result.

In my opinion PZC is a safe space for everyone and should remain so to foster wonderful ZC developments. For instance, I feel very comfortable here in this diverse community as a "cisgender heterosexual white male" (quoted for I don't even consider myself that, but just... myself). So I wonder why this even a problem at all for certain AGN members, it hints at some strong personal problems/conflicts for these people.

To me it feels like a cheap attempt of certain AGN members to undermine the current advancements in ZC that they couldn't even realise. Perhaps it's jealousy

• Taco Chopper, Mani Kanina, Shane and 5 others like this

#12 BFeely

BFeely

• Members

Posted 05 April 2024 - 07:30 AM

When he replied to me he even left out the other part of my query regarding the original ZC website, specifically copyright issues that makes said site high risk.  Wouldn't be surprised if they are still on DigitalOcean (per Netcraft history and my recollection)  whose TOS prohibits hate speech - https://www.digitalo...able-use-policy

Same reason we at PureZC don't tolerate bigotry; it's against Linode/Akamai's AUP and just an affront to dignity as a whole.

Now, put the deadnaming on a front page that has artwork from Breath of the Wild despite being completely unrelated to said game (in that thread they gave a strawman argument mentioning fansites devoted to same game and thus more likely to be fair use or even explicitly authorized marketing) is just asking for the Nintendo lawyers, who right now are patting themselves on the back after their yuzu takedown, to swoop in for the kill.

Edited by BFeely, 05 April 2024 - 07:33 AM.

• Twilight Knight, Shane, Eddy and 3 others like this

#13 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 05 April 2024 - 09:05 AM

When is War Lord going to actually take stage and see what is going on with AGN?
  • Shane and Matthew like this

#14 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 05 April 2024 - 11:24 AM

Worth noting, this is the kind of discourse going on on AGN recently:

Not very fitting with PureZC's friendly and inclusive image. I can see why staff would not want to link to such a place.

I mean, that really says it all, doesn't it?

Not exactly the type of sentiment that I'd like to see in a user on Pure either, tbh. This place is generally packed with people somewhere within the LGTBQ definition, and I'd like those users to be comfortable not just being here but being open about who they are.

Edited by Mani Kanina, 05 April 2024 - 01:03 PM.

• Twilight Knight, Shane, Erdrick and 2 others like this

#15 BFeely

BFeely

• Members

Posted 05 April 2024 - 11:56 AM

When is War Lord going to actually take stage and see what is going on with AGN?

Isn't he the one who posted the deadnaming on the old ZC site?

• Shane, Erdrick and Emily like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users