Welcome to 2.0.4!

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:42 PM

Welcome to PureZC with Invision Board 2.0! icon_biggrin.gif

I can't possibly list all of the changes that have occurred or will occur, so I'm just going to keep this short and let you all explore the other stuff.
  • Quick reply is no longer a hack: it's integrated into the forum software. If you want it to automatically appear for every post, you must enable this in your preferences. Also, it's not as complex as the quick reply we had before. I doubt that we will be hacking the smilies and stuff in, so you'll have to make due with this change. Sorry. icon_shrug.gif
  • It is now possible to quote people in quick reply... and even quote multiple people. Hit the "quote +" button for each post you want to quote.
  • Avatars no longer require their dimensions to be entered to work: this is automatically detected and adjusted accordingly. PNGs now work as avatars!
  • You might notice a new warning bar in your posts (or you might not). We have not planned how to use this at the moment, so ignore that.
  • There are tons of new things to tinker with in your user cp.
  • You may now upload a photo of yourself in your profile. This feature is not for a second avatar, so do not use it like that!
    Please note that if you abuse this feature at all, you will lose privileges to this option as well as others such as mass PMs!
  • Old uses of center and right align tags may be screwed up when editing them. This was a hack in our old version of IPB. Simply replace the HTML mess with the appropriate center or right tags (they are working thanks to custom BBcode).
  • Please test posting features in Derisory Substance. This is common sense, but I'd rather it not be tested in this announcement.
I didn't list over half of the new toys, but you should figure them out for yourself. The rules (which are now easily available at the top right) will be updated in the next few days. Just use common sense with these features.

Finally, we'd like to thank Sephiroth for the beautiful skin we are now using. He put a lot of effort into it. icon_smile.gif

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:28 PM

I love you Nick. Have my children! icon_biggrin.gif

I will, however, miss the Smilies to the left of the reply bar.

This is like, .. .. a totally new Dimension for Pure. icon_unsettled.gif

#3 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:31 PM

Some clarification on the photo thing: We want people to put real photos of themselves in the photo field. We already give you a generous 20 KB of avatar space, so we kindly ask that you not waste the photo field on more junk. If you don't want to put a photo of yourself up, fine--don't use the photo field! Thank you.

#4 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

Wow... It's all... new. icon_freak.gif It will definitely take some time to get used to, but if its a better version than what we were using before, then I'm sure I'll adjust in time. It looks a bit more cluttered or busy than usual, although that could just be my eyes tricking me.

#5 Deviance

Deviance

Le' Deviant

• Banned

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:46 PM

WildBill you rock. Now we got all sorts of new things we can do with pzc. And how bout more skins huh? Just for a suggestion.

#6 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:54 PM

No new skins for now. It's a pain in the ass just to get the thing working with the site when there's only one skin.

Why do you want moe skins anyway? PureZC is PureZC! icon_razz.gif

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:03 PM

This is cool icon_smile.gif

So, that is why the site was unavailable earlier?

Thanks WildBill icon_biggrin.gif

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:05 PM

Well, the plusses seem to outweigh the minuses, and I am sure the minuses will diminish in due time. Thank you Wild Bill and Nick for your hard work, and thank you Sephiroth for your work on the skin. If I left any thank yous out toward anybody else involved in the transition, then I thank you all as well. After some slight adjustments, almost everybody should be happy in the long run.

#9 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:13 PM

I like the new logo :B.

#10 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:14 PM

Dude, I love this layout. It rules, for real!!

Thank you, Wild Bill and High Staff for this great New Year Gift!! I love it!!!

#11 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:17 PM

U MAED TEH NEW LOOK AN IT'LL KIL PUREZC!!!1111oneongomg

I prefer the old look. Shocking, huh?

No, I'm not talking about the one we just changed out of... I'm talking the old one.

I still miss it.

icon_cry.gif

#12 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:23 PM

Wow... It looks so... "2000ey". In a couple of places this is looking kinda funkey (as in posts lay on top of eachother, sigs go off the thread) but for the most part it seems good... Hopefully you guys will fix the errors soon though. I have faith!

(Also, may i make a surgestion for a pirate smiley?)

#13 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:26 PM

It's shiny and different. icon_razz.gif I like it, (Oh and thank me for part of the .. logo) XD

It's shiny !!!!! ^_^

#14 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:28 PM

Some things about the skin may look a little odd. I'll gradually work to clean those up. However, the goofiness in this skin is a lot less significant than the goofiness in the skin we had been using. We must all commend Sephiroth for a lot of hard work and a great job on the skin! icon_smile.gif

#15 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:31 PM

And I do, Wild Bill.

Sephiroth = Teh Bomb for making this awesome skin. It rules, man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users