Swimming tunic script add-on

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:53 AM

Could someone make me a script when you get the tunic, and when you start swimming, that you can only swim for 10 seconds. When 10 seconds is over, you drown and loose half a heart.

#2 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:20 PM

Well, you could easily attain a similar effect with just combo cycling, but you wouldn't be able to set the time at which the first heart is lost, since that would require resetting the animation when Link enters the water.

A shortcut to this script might be to reset the combo animation whenever Link enters the water. I'm not sure if you can script that event, but it'd make the task simpler if you can.

#3 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:04 PM

I think scripting would be so much simpler. icon_razz.gif How hard can it be? I might even try to script this myself.

#4 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:10 AM

Simple, get the lava script (or whatever it's called) and add a delay of 600 ticks after the ComboAt but before the effect bit, then add an else delay=0; If Link is not on the desired combo type, the timer resets.

#5 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:20 PM

Then I would have to make an ffc for every time I have water. icon_confused.gif

#6 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:23 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't do it like that.

A simple counter that checks 'if(Link->Action == LA_SWIMMING){' in the global script, then increments a variable for howeverlong, and then removes the flippers when it gets to the right time would be preferrable I'd say.

#7 Zephlon

Zephlon

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:26 PM

Can't you just say, Link->Action = LA_DROWNING instead of taking away the flippers?

#8 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:27 PM

Urm...

Probably yes, good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users