Photo

Screenshot of the Week 133

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 133 (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 133

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Aug 1 2006, 11:08 PM)
Not sure about the tree, but I've seen it in Gashin's screenie, so I'm guessing it's from SD3 also...

View Post

Nope, that tree doesn't have the SD3 style to it...hm, so those mountains ARE from SoM?....*Gets an idea.*

#17 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:37 PM

Aori - Looks like another overworld shot. It is not bad, but there is nothing that I find interesting about it.

Jonathan - It is in general a beautiful work of art indeed. I most especially like the cliffs and the tree. The waterfalls seem a bit too transparent, though, unless they are supposed to be something else. I also notice an obvious vertical line on the right half of the shot, just to the left of the tree. It looks as if the ground around the area of this vertical line is discontinuous on either side of it. It is good enough to get my vote, though.

Kingboo - I like the background, although it somehow feels inconsistent with the rest of the shot. It makes me ask for something else to add to it, although I am not sure what. I like the sprites, although I am not a big fan of the mostly dark purple.

MD - It looks pretty good. My second favorite choice among the four. As mentioned before, that is a nice looking sword too. The choice of walls, floors, and doorways are certainly a plus. I also like how it is symmetrical yet realistic at the same time.

#18 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:57 PM

*nulled*
@.@ **** i didnt think id have this easy time of winning with that shot

Aori-Really dark shot and nothing really special goin on

ME-The grass in the scene is the only thing SoM related,its from the SD3 set and alot of people use it really :/
the world isnt actually sinking in it but teh waterfalls and the mountains reminded me of LoZ WW so i just went with it icon_biggrin.gif

Kingboo-great looking tiles and i really like the background,but mabye you could add morestuff to your walls tho

Mighty-a well balanced shot,i think only the walls could use some work

I also notice an obvious vertical line on the right half of the shot, just to the left of the tree. It looks as if the ground around the area of this vertical line is discontinuous on either side of it.
yeah i did t on purpose
i wanted more ground texture and i didnt really think 2 tiles would really take away alot of appeal

Edited by Jonathan, 02 August 2006 - 03:06 PM.

#19 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:04 AM

I will vote for... Jonathan. The shot is kind of mystic, which is really cool to me. It reminds me a lot of the waterfall levels in DKC3.

Aori Radidjiu: There's not enough variation in layout, tile design, or color to me. Sorry.

Kingboo30: Excellent header and background, for sure, but there probably could have been something else to do with the forground of the screen. It's very... purple. icon_razz.gif

Mighty Darknut: It looks very nice; I love the tiles, but perhaps the screen could be less square? I don't know what it is, but the screen isn't as interesting to me as Jonathans was. Good effort, though. icon_smile.gif

#20 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Aug 1 2006, 10:08 PM)
The mountains look like they're from Secret of Mana... the grass looks SD3... not sure about the tree, but I've seen it in Gashin's screenie, so I'm guessing it's from SD3 also...

i didnt see that til now
i dont think gashin had those trees,can you show some proof?

my friend had em and he asked me to watch his pets while he went on vacation
so while i was at his house i decided id see what he had and i found em and "borrowed" them

#21 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE(Jonathan @ Aug 3 2006, 01:32 PM)
i didnt see that til now
i dont think gashin had those trees,can you show some proof?

my friend had em and he asked me to watch his pets while he went on vacation
so while i was at his house i decided id see what he had and i found em and "borrowed" them

View Post

I have very little proof for the tree isn't custom, but just enough. I do know that the tree was from some Japan-only GBA game--in fact, I saw it today. I can recall the picture but I can't recall the name...

EDIT: OK, found the shot. Turns out the tree tiles came from the game Summon Night - Craft Sword Monogatari Hajimari no Ishi.
user posted image

Edited by Linkus Mastii, 03 August 2006 - 02:32 PM.

#22 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:31 PM

off topic
thanks Mastii im gonna go check out that game now
:/ funny i have it and monogatari 2 on my pc but i could never get past the first part of that one since i cant read JAP
il have to retry and see if i can get some cool stuff icon_smile.gif

#23 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:48 PM

SOTW 42
Gashin
user posted image

I thought these were the same trees, but they're not icon_heh.gif

#24 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:33 PM

WHAT GAME IS THAT!?!?

#25 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE(XdragonSB @ Aug 3 2006, 07:33 PM)
WHAT GAME IS THAT!?!?

View Post

I'd love to say it's mine, but that's from Sword of Mana. I was going to make a tileset on it a while ago, but, you know me

#26 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:25 AM

I voted for Mighty Darknut. Why? Becasue those tiles truly look proffesional. I'd say you really are getting closer to Gashin, NoeL, and PrinceMSC. Well. Atleast your dungeon tiles icon_razz.gif

Jonathan's is also awesome. A very close second, but anyone can rip and recolor... It looks good nontheless, though icon_smile.gif

The other two are Meh-ish... Actually, KingBoo's is pretty cool. I like the Galaxy background. I forget who submited those...

#27 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:39 AM

Aori Radidjiu:
A little too dark for my tastes. Also a little more variation of the ground's texture would be nice.
Jonathan:
You're screen shot is the best I've seen in months! Just look at his votes: He's going to win the next screen shot of the month.
Anyways, I love all aspects of this screenshots. The foreground mountain and ground texture is rendered well. The waterfall looks alright and the mountain in the distance looks sweet. The tree could be changed...By the way, I voted for Jonathan.
Kingboo30:
A really nice screen shot. I love the purple hues and the outerspace background.
Mighty Darknut:
Kind of plain. There's no glaring defects; though nothing special either...Except perhaps, the wall and floor textures. Those are rendered nicely.

#28 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:25 AM

Mighty Darknut - I love your cartoony dungeon effect and I'm glad your style is a mixture between The Minish Cap and Pokémon because those two games are my favourite Gameboy games by far.

#29 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:13 PM

Jonathan wins this round. Very well done

I have one shot for 134, so get submitting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users