Removing the Nayru's love rising fire animation

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:56 PM

For my quest, I want to have Nayru's love as an optional item and have an instant effect. Basically, link instantly gains the Nayru's love effect for like a fifth of a second. The purpose is of course to have pretty much a ZC equivalent of the guard block from Bunny Must Die (if anyone has the sound effect for this, I would be much appreciative). If it requires a whole new item script, that's fine, I really just need the regular Nayru's love effect without the casting animation. Thanks in advance.

#2 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Jul 11 2011, 09:56 PM) View Post

For my quest, I want to have Nayru's love as an optional item and have an instant effect. Basically, link instantly gains the Nayru's love effect for like a fifth of a second. The purpose is of course to have pretty much a ZC equivalent of the guard block from Bunny Must Die (if anyone has the sound effect for this, I would be much appreciative). If it requires a whole new item script, that's fine, I really just need the regular Nayru's love effect without the casting animation. Thanks in advance.

I might be able to do this. But It'll require the use of a global script aswell as a item script. Is that okay? Another thing, is it okay if it's duration is terminated if you go offscreen? You said you only wanted it to last 1/5 a second so I'm assuming this is okay. Right?

Edited by blackbishop89, 12 July 2011 - 06:30 AM.

#3 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:55 AM

Wouldn't it be possible to delete the tiles that you don't want it to use? The empty animation would take up tile space, but it'd be a heckuva lot simpler than writing a script... given your wording, I'm not sure whether you only want to remove some of the visuals or to skip the animation entirely.

#4 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jul 12 2011, 06:55 AM) View Post

Wouldn't it be possible to delete the tiles that you don't want it to use? The empty animation would take up tile space, but it'd be a heckuva lot simpler than writing a script... given your wording, I'm not sure whether you only want to remove some of the visuals or to skip the animation entirely.

I believe he wants to skip the animation entirely and go right to the effect.

#5 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE(blackbishop89 @ Jul 12 2011, 05:58 AM) View Post
I believe he wants to skip the animation entirely and go right to the effect.

All right. I misunderstood because of thread title. "Rising fire" only describes a small part of the animation, if we go by how the sprite slots are labeled.

#6 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(blackbishop89 @ Jul 12 2011, 05:22 AM) View Post

I might be able to do this. But It'll require the use of a global script aswell as a item script. Is that okay? Another thing, is it okay if it's duration is terminated if you go offscreen? You said you only wanted it to last 1/5 a second so I'm assuming this is okay. Right?

This will be fine, although I may need a bit of help integrating it into my existing global script. And yes, I actually WANT it to go away if you switch screens.

#7 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Jul 12 2011, 02:21 PM) View Post

This will be fine, although I may need a bit of help integrating it into my existing global script. And yes, I actually WANT it to go away if you switch screens.

What build are you using?

#8 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:45 AM

I'm using RC1. Out of curiousity, will the script break if I upgrade to RC2 (if I can ever get it to open without crashing)?

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 13 July 2011 - 12:45 AM.

#9 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Jul 12 2011, 11:45 PM) View Post

I'm using RC1. Out of curiousity, will the script break if I upgrade to RC2 (if I can ever get it to open without crashing)?

Hopefullly not, But i'll test it with RC2...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users