• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#31 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:30 PM

Okay, so, for some reason, when I have ZQuest open and I try to open Zelda Classic, it doesn't open. The same goes for the other way around.

I have a MacBook Pro with Retina Display with OS Yosemite.

Do you know why this is happening?

#32 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:42 PM

No, I don't. Is that new? I don't know of any changes recently that would explain it.

#33 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:04 AM

No, I don't. Is that new? I don't know of any changes recently that would explain it.

It's happened to me ever since I got 2.50.1. It would also occasionally occur in 2.50. I've tried restarting my computer and that hasn't done anything.

#34 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:58 AM

As far as I know, the Mac version of Zelda Classic has never supported concurrently opening both Player and Editor.

The hundred million dollar question is...Was that intentional, or a bug all this time?

#35 CaRmAgE

CaRmAgE

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:07 AM

I just tried opening both on my MacBook Pro one after the other and I had no problem.  My college warned me not to upgrade to Yosemite, so maybe there is a problem with the OS?  (I have Mavericks.)

#36 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:45 AM

Well, what can I say, then? Sounds like a bug to me.

#37 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

It looks like Allegro's failing to initialize. I don't think there's any way that could be ZC's fault rather than Allegro's, but I'm not certain. My current setup makes it difficult even to investigate, unfortunately, but I'll see what I can do.

#38 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for trying to fix the problem. Also, if I open ZC first and then ZQuest, ZQuest actually crashes. Here is the log if it helps you in any way:

Crash Log

#39 CaRmAgE

CaRmAgE

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

Path: /Users/USER/Desktop/*/ZQuest Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/ZQuest Editor

I have ZC stored in the Applications folder.  Try moving the folder there.

#40 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:14 PM

I tried that, but the same problems occurred.

#41 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:39 AM

Hey, Saffith, do you have any news towards fixing the problem related to trying to open both ZQ and ZC simultaneously with it not working? I hope I'm not rushing you or anything. :)

#42 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

I've discovered an inconsistency between starting health set in ZQuest and what actually happens in ZC. I try setting the cpntinue health to 50% but Link always continues with 3 hearts.

The labeling on those controls could be touched up; it's a bit vague right now, too. Starting Health and Continue Health are not that distinct.

#43 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:57 PM

I've discovered an inconsistency between starting health set in ZQuest and what actually happens in ZC. I try setting the cpntinue health to 50% but Link always continues with 3 hearts.

The labeling on those controls could be touched up; it's a bit vague right now, too. Starting Health and Continue Health are not that distinct.

Hm, try starting a new save file. I think that should fix it.

#44 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

Simple question: Can we get a "Compress to one line" flag for the minimap title on the subscreen editor? It's nice to have thinner and more proportional text, but it's kinda squandered away when it has to follow the same spacing rules of basic system text...

#45 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

I discovered a bug!

I have a Bow & Arrow item with "Increase counter max" and "but not above" set to 30, but in ZScript the MaxIncrement of the item is 1. This is breaking my scripted shop. I can work around it, but thought I'd let you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users