help test my latest quest

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Akkabus

Akkabus

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:57 PM

k, i think i'll submit it. i'm too lazy to fix the minor problems like slash and stuff. my attention's been on making an easy-to-use gameboy tileset and rocksfan's Link's Retirement 3.

thank you for trying my quest out!

#32 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:52 AM

I'm TOTALLY lost in Level 7 now.

I have the fire boomerang and all rooms are covered except the boss room, the treasure room and a southeast room. Walking through all rooms and watching the map leaves me all confused. Seems like there is a curved route from the southeast to the silver arrow, but I don't even know where to start it. Might be I need to start it by unlocking the door in the pols voice room which is south from the statue room. However, in this case, I can't find the key. Floating torch lighting, eyeball pushing, whistling and button stepping made me progress so far, but now I completely don't know where to go. Probably I need that key, but can be that I need to start the route alsewhere.

Anyway, at the first time, I stuck because who knew that I need to push the blocks BEHIND that Ganon statue?!

#33 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:10 AM

In order to get to the arrow, you need to locate the pit on the eastern side. Which DOES require a key to get through.

#34 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:08 AM

Ah, so it really starts with the pols voice room. Great, now where's the key? I remember getting one from the same room and from a big chest (I think) and from a little chest... So, what I need is the last key. It's probably the only one that requires the fire boomerang.

#35 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:31 PM

Wandering around Level 2. Got one key and unlocked the respective door. Don't have any dungeon items. No idea where to go.

#36 Akkabus

Akkabus

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:55 PM

Wandering around Level 2. Got one key and unlocked the respective door. Don't have any dungeon items. No idea where to go.

the whistle is the next item you'll find. go through the locked door and try to find a passage downstairs. it goes straight to the whistle.

a good way to tackle the dungeons is to explore the places you managed to unlock. in this case, it was the area opened by the key. you shouldn't get lost if you stick to this heuristic.

Ah, so it really starts with the pols voice room. Great, now where's the key? I remember getting one from the same room and from a big chest (I think) and from a little chest... So, what I need is the last key. It's probably the only one that requires the fire boomerang.

there's three keys. one is in the south wing, F1?, another is in west wing, B1?, and the third is in the north wing, B1? try the second key, which is what you might've missed. it's in the west wing, B1?. all you do is drop downstairs, head left, and you'll immediately see a door that you can open with the fire boomerang. it's right next to the HCP room.

and if you're having trouble getting the silver arrow, specifically, it requires a lot of backtracking and pit dropping on the east wing. just keep falling down and trying to hit whatever triggers you can find until you can finally create a straight path into the silver arrow room on F1?. big hint: you'll need to use the passageway in west wing, B1?, to activate one of these triggers.

Edited by Akkabus, 31 October 2007 - 06:01 PM.

#37 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:57 PM

More news...stuck in Level 3 now. Made a few chests open that have keys in them, but I have no way of getting to them...

#38 Akkabus

Akkabus

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:17 AM

More news...stuck in Level 3 now. Made a few chests open that have keys in them, but I have no way of getting to them...

remember how in level 1 you had to walk behind a torch to trigger the boss key? try to find something similar in level 3. big hint: it's in a room all the way north.

Edited by Akkabus, 02 November 2007 - 08:17 AM.

#39 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:11 AM

I finally beat this wonderquest!
IPB Image

Amazing how could I miss that north B1 key. I found the sword in the buried castle. I had all hearts but one, plus 1 HCP. I looked around suspicious places, like the ruined house, the Link statue, the bird statue and such, but I find no more secrets.

Edited by CastChaos, 02 November 2007 - 09:11 AM.

#40 Akkabus

Akkabus

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:09 PM

nice, you beat it with 5 deaths! i think i died around 12 times when i was testing it, but i know it's definitely beatable in under 5 hours. =P

so you're missing 5 HCPs? let's see, there's 9 of them on the overworld, 5 in the extra item dungeons, 7 in each miniquest area, and 7 in the dungeons.

i'll list the map coordinates for the overworld HCPs: 0x07, 0x10, 0x22, 0x37, 0x40, 0x42, 0x43, 0x72, 0x74. each dungeon and miniquest area has a HCP, none of them are very tricky to get, just requires the right items and a keen eye. and that's pretty much the whole game, congratulations. it's really cool to hear that you've beaten the quest, i feel warm and tingly inside. ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users