Ballad of a Bloodline second demo!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:17 PM

First of all, there will be 13 mandatory levels! This isn't just a promise, 4 of them are already made and the mechanics for them is already made up and started to be built. Plus, there will be as many secret dungeons as many special items are. Blue mail, red mail, L4 sword, etc... I hope you all see now why I fear that I will run out of DMaps.

That ambush attack... You are teleported onto the ledge to disable the warp that takes you to the darknuts, since you already killed them. If I remember well, you only need to make a step which removes the left stone and you can get down with your magical tile (bought in a shop).

The first dungeon (which is far from Level 1, just like in the LttP mechanics) is in Lake Hylia. Get the following items in the village: Lantern Replica, Wooden Boomerang, Magical Tile. Hop on the boat at north Lake Hylia, boomerang the sleeping goriya, burn the blue minitree. There you will get the Raft Leaf. Raft east to the sandy island where the Source of the Flow is. But don't be deceived by evil magic...

OK, I will make Myra older. Sorry for those whos lose interest in her this way. (duh)

#32 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:54 PM

13 Mandatory Levels? Sounds good to me. Does that include mini-dungeons? In any event, 511(?) DMaps should be plenty, shouldn't it?

I'm still in town. I got the Wooden Boomerang, but how do I get the Lantern Replica, and how do I get enough money for the Stone Tablet? I've been slashing grass, but there must be a better way for money at this point.

If a player doesn't have the Magical Tablet thingy, they can get stuck in that center island, and I didn't have it so I was stuck. You shouldn't start them up there, unless you want them stuck.

Also, you did not respond to the questions asked in any of the three edits on my last post. I would appreciate answers on all 3.

#33 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:26 AM

First of all, WHY do you think I'm using a beta? All the wonderful things I acomplished was made in 2.10! Like the LttP Trinexx boss...

Now, the daytime system is simply made by warps. You start on the "Kakriko night" DMap, after coming out from Myra's house, you are on a new map which has the "Kakariko twilight" DMap attached to it, but all houses have the "Kakariko day" DMap attached as the exit warps, so there is daytime when you go out. It occured to my sister that she had twilight after save&continue in the village, probably because DMap continue flags.

Actually, the reward from the ambush is a meat. You use it to refill some of your heart. The bait is the fish. Also, the big octorok can be removed by a bomb.

I can change that ambush ledge a bit, so players whos can't afford the Magical Tile still can live onward.

The Lantern Replica is in Myra's house, bomb the shutter. Also, I hope you don't simply leave empty chests, stand in them to get the items. An NPC (In the library.) mentioned that the Lantern Replica is at Master Smith (Myra's father) and he also said that "If life gives you a shutter, bomb it!".

There are some easy money. Some screens east from the village is a screen with a lot of thieves (whos throw the spear) and lot of white stones. Kill thieves, then go around one screen to get to the yellow rupee (200 green rupees). Also, at the southeast, there are some peahats. Kill them, then slash the center one to reveal a hole. Fall in, kill enemies, get 200 rupee.

So, I don't have 511 DMaps, just 256-257. I make not only overworlds and dungeons, but events and a lot of extra things, too. 3 dungeons in Hyrule, 8 dungeons out of Hyrule, plus a semi-final dungeon and a final dungeon. Two endings. Every "out of Hyrule" dungeon has a secret dungeon attached to them.

Also, I upgraded a lot of things since the release of this demo. My sister is a great help in testing.

Finally, it needs to be mentioned that if you edit your post, I probably overlook the edit. This was a problem before, too.

#34 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 10 November 2007 - 12:28 PM

EDIT AGAIN: Also, why can't you make people talk on a screen with a tile-warp? You're using the beta-builds! You get FOUR tile-warps per screen! That's one entrance and 3 people talking!

You still haven't answered that. Don't you get four tilewarps?

Also, in beta build 635(the one I'm operating), and the final 2.5 that will be released, you get 511 DMaps.

I had been leaving empty chests - I passed two or three of them(the one in Link's house and the one in Myra's) because I thought they were rip-offs. You should put an item sprite on a layer above the chest, so that people walk into it, and then it could go to the cut-scene. I actually got to that chest and bombed the shutter, but since it was empty I didn't walk into it.

The shop that says things like the Hammer and Hylian Shield aren't for kids - sells kids BOMBS? I'd remove that string, and just say they're not ready yet. Nobody who's actually conscious of that would sell a kid bombs.

The thieves that make the yellow rupee appear have the "Enemies Always Return" flag checked, so when you walk around down the gap to get the Yellow Rupee, it's gone.

Two string troubles in the Hospital - "We have milk shortages for hundreds of years." It should be "We have had..." Also, in one sentence in that same room, "In the" is repeated. "Milk is healthy, but not in the in the case of most illnesses."

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 10 November 2007 - 12:41 PM.

#35 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:16 PM

You still haven't answered that. Don't you get four tilewarps?

I DID answer that question! I stated more times that I'm using 2.10. This means only one tile warp/screen.

I thought it was 100% obvious that you need to go in the chest. I will try to inform players better.

You misunderstand that shop that doesn't sell some items for kids! They don't sell them not because they are dangerous, rather because they are expensive, elite equipment. That "you are a kid now, return 7 years later" concept is from OoT and hints for Knil and Myra will return here after 7 years...

So, the "enemies always return" flag worked for you? I totally thought it was broken in 2.10. I initially made it this way so you can get the rupee only after you have a long range hurting weapon, like the arrow... Get the peahat rupee instead then.

Thank you for pointing out the string errors.

#36 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:06 PM

Oh, you're building on 2.10? I'm playing on the Beta Builds, I guess that's why. Hmm... when a stable 2.5 is released, are you going to convert the quest to let people speak more, and perhaps attach a few scripts? Also to give you twice the amount of DMaps. It's really going to be a necessity to put this big of a project into 2.5.

Maybe you should word that string a little differently then. Perhaps say "They're too expensive for kids", because right now, it sounds like he's saying they're too dangerous.

I got the Peahat Rupee. Where do I go in Lake Hylia? I've looked around and can't find anything.

#37 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:22 PM

First of all, in Lake Hylia, there is a boat at the northern part. Board it, boomerang the goriya there, go one screen east then north to find a blue minitree. Burn it. Get raft there. Board the dock at the east side to go to a sandy island. At the middle, there is the entrance.

Also, it has an almost zero percent chance that I upgrade. Two main reasons:
1. Incompatibility. I'd need to redo everything even if I don't use the new features to their extent. If I use the new features well, then I need to entirely discard some areas and concepts.
2. Fan expectations. Currently, my quest is a high level 2.10 quest, using the full power of 2.10 (except link tile mods). If I upgrade people will demand this quest to be a quest that uses the maximum power of 2.5, just like I were creating quests for 2.5 for a year. Completely redoing everything would be more work than starting over...

The only thing that can make me upgrade is if I run out of DMaps so badly that I won't have place for the semifinal level and the two endings. I just hope that I can finish this quest before 2.5 comes out, but it's thin chance. 2.5 is so good on features that even an average questmaker can make a hyper quest on it. My wonderful 2.10 quest would be faded...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users