Another Randomizer to Beta Test

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

Surprised? Don't be. I had this as an idea for a long time. A recreation of BSZelda in the classic tileset meant a randomized version was inevitable.

Explore BS Zelda, both 8x8 overworlds and 9 dungeons, plus yet another 2 sets of dungeons I made a while back. And... thats it actually. This quest is a bit smaller than the previous randomizers, with a mere 133 items to collect. I've made a few item changes, mainly the bombs, potions, and the new chakram item (you can start with it). Plus, as time goes on you may experience another feature from the BS Zelda games.

Once again, random item shuffling means potential for bugs. BS Zelda overworlds are a bit more linear too, so items had to be placed with additional care. A 200 rupee is still used if an item spawns incorrectly. The new BS feature also has a chance for odd things.

Missing from this beta is non-randomized mode and the true final boss (although there is a final boss at the moment and the quest can be completed). And don't go looking for a overworld with the name "Lost Overworld", there isn't one this time. Also, no back doors to the final dungeon, the triforce is required no matter what (sorry minimalist runs).

Tips:

The sword still spawns in one of three locations, but one of them is a little more hidden.
Looking for important early secrets? One old woman can give you a clue.
The warp tile next to start is the main way between the two overworlds. But there is another way to travel between them...
What do you suppose Green Pols Voice are weak to?
Each shop type appears once in every overworld. Note where the useful ones are.
Once in a while, shops have a sale. Call it a BS Zelda feature...
Not all time passes while paused...

#2 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:20 AM

So I've gone through most of this. It's certainly an amazing quest like the previous randomizers.

I found a few undercombo bugs on the overworlds that I can PM screenshots of if you'd prefer that instead of posting in case of spoilers. Apart from that it seems I'm missing a few items assuming the subscreen has no open spots in the end. I'll probably Lens through everything some more before giving up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users