Photo

This might take more than I thought it would.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

So, more than a month has passed since my last update, but I guess I could give another small one as well :D Just how far am I from actually developing my quest? Far, too far I should say. Why? Well, little progress has been going on due to me getting into other projects like betatesting or working on DoR Hybrid. Yeah, and right now I got into a smaller delay since I noticed most of my screens feel... cramped. I decided to redo Decora Village, wait, that's wrong. Edit it a bit to make it feel more "clean". After practicing in Solaris helping Moscow with his overworld, I think I'm getting a better hang and style with DoR (shots are at the end :P )

What is the purpose of this update anyway? Well, for those of you following me, be aware it's going to be a long time before this quest gets finished. I'm upset with myself that it's part of my fault for such time wasted. 3 years I have been trying to do a fricking quest but I almost always end up redoing things from scratch either due to corrupted files or pretty much me not liking my stuff. Special members have been supporting me since they noticed this imperfection of my character and I actually appreciate their help given so far. School starts for me next week and that sucks because of the big pile of homework they usually give to students (I hate homework, not education :P). But yeah, I try to get things finished quickly but with class and the greatest amount of quality I can give to my stuff.

Anyway, trying to move the topic to it's actual purpose, like I said, people, it might take a few years to actually finish my first quest. However, I hope it can end up as a big quest itself like Isle of Rebirth or Golden Memories being developed by respectful authors and they look pretty awesome! So far, I can guess that most of you reading this might be asking "Well, dude, are you going to show off your quest at the expo or what?"

Will I show off and brag? Yes.
Will there be a demo or something? Probably.

I'll show my quest off at the expo without a doubt, What I'm unsure of is if there will be a demo this year. If there is, it might be similar to that of the Winter Expo with the first dungeon included. If not, I'll try my best to at least show off Level 1 in the demo (since I almost got it finished before I started working on DoR Hybrid).

Speaking of DoR Hybrid, which has been the main reason of my delay, it's almost finished. For those of you unaware, it's partially complete with minor things missing, actually, only NPCs and combo aliases remain, which should be finished in these days (hopefully). I'm still asking for help from anyone available since I just need to touch these guys out and it will be 100% complete excluding Combo Aliases so as always, if anybody wants to work with me, PM me or post here :)

And for the cherry of this post, I present (and brag :P ) these screens of the remodeled Decora Village!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
  • Eddy, Obderhode, Jared and 1 other like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

Great to hear more progress on this quest. Personally, I really don't care how long it will take to finish a quest, as long as it was all worth it in the end, and honestly, taking more time on a quest project usually gives much better results.

Either way, loving those new screens and I hope for the best with this quest project!

• Demonlink likes this

#3 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

Great to hear more progress on this quest. Personally, I really don't care how long it will take to finish a quest, as long as it was all worth it in the end, and honestly, taking more time on a quest project usually gives much better results.

Either way, loving those new screens and I hope for the best with this quest project!

Thanks man! I'm trying my best as always! :D

• Eddy likes this

#4 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

I hope quest production goes well! Don't worry bout slowness, worry about inspiration. If you have some, you're okay.

-Strike

• Demonlink likes this

#5 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

It's awesome to hear some progress! Like Eddy said, take your time; I'd rather have an amazingly polished quest than one that is rushed just to get released earlier. Also, those screens look awesome! :D

• Demonlink likes this

#6 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

No offense, but your Link tiles stick out in a really bad way.

#7 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

This. Nothing on the screens has an outline, but link does and it looks odd. I suggest you change the outline to the color of the part it's outlining but darker. Ex: Link's hat would have a darker green outline.

#8 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

Not a big issue for me, I like them as they are :)

This. Nothing on the screens has an outline, but link does and it looks odd. I suggest you change the outline to the color of the part it's outlining but darker. Ex: Link's hat would have a darker green outline.

They do have an outline :P Instead of black, it's a real dark shade of brown. Like I said to Jared, it's no big deal for me, but rather thanks to both for your suggestions :)

#9 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

quality takes time

• Demonlink likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users