Name Changes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LinkFan212

LinkFan212

EVERYDAY is a BIG DAY

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

Alrighty, so I've been thinking about stuff and I've decided to do some naming changes! The quest itself will keep it's name, but you're now going to be adventuring in a new land. Instead of Northern Hyrule, you are now in the 5 province land of Mokotu (Pronounced as mock-a-too). Now the five provinces will be discovered when you play the quest, but all I can say is the main hub, or also the center province is, "Center Mokotu" (Holy crap LinkFan212, that is SOO original! My gosh good job!). Other than that, because of name changes, it will change the story a bit too. But because I don't want to spoil too much, I will say the "main" story will be at the very beginning of the game, just like Phantom Hourglass.

If you are a little confused of how this is all going to work out, just wait until the quest comes out cause I'm sure you'll understand once it does. Anyways, hope you guys think this is a good idea! I'll try to keep you all updated here pretty soon as well!

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Thanks for the update! Quests have a lot more character when they try explore new things, whether those are characters, mechanics or locales. It seems like you're got a strong vision for your quest and I look forward to its future progress.
  • LinkFan212 likes this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

Nice name change! Great to see something else besides Hyrule for once :D

• LinkFan212 likes this

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

I wonder how many users here, recall the geography of the outlying kingdoms, from the Valliant comics, and other materials. Calatia, as a prime example, is a kingdom west of Hyrule; although with all the retcos over the last two decades, it's hard to say what is, or is not canonical.

Is the planet on which Hyrule is situated named in anything?

#5 LinkFan212

LinkFan212

EVERYDAY is a BIG DAY

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

Truth be told I'm confused what the heck your saying... :P

#6 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

Truth be told I'm confused what the heck your saying... :P

I don't really expect that most members have read, or know about, the Valiant comic series...

http://zeldawiki.org/Calatia

Keep in mind, that this is from an era, where all the 'story' of the 'Zelda universe' was contained in two game manuals, and a small series of comics, that don't quite fit properly into the events of either game: The Zelda story continuity was founded on the premise of retcons.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 11 August 2014 - 09:19 PM.

#7 LinkFan212

LinkFan212

EVERYDAY is a BIG DAY

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

Ok...well what about it being west, and how does this have to do with my quest?

#8 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:01 AM

Oh, sorry. It's not anything to do with your quest directly. I've simply rarely seen games that use actual, known geographical locations that borxer Hyrule, and Calatia is one of the few that is specified in any printed matter, although there are some passing references to other lands, and it's probably possible to work out a partial map, of the lands around.

If you estimate the area of Hyrule and compare it to the minimum mass of a planet that supports humanoid life (in scale), it's a very small area.

Thus, unless the rest of the planet is water, with no land-masses, in planetological terms, it should have other kingdoms, but we never hear of them. My comment, was n reference to that singular problem, as the Zelda 'universe' is constrained to one canonical kingdom, and four other realms (Sacred, Spirit, Twilight, and Mirror).

It's rather odd, as even the Mario universe has official names for many kingdoms, and even worlds, but Zelda, which has a much deeper story, hasn't these details. I often wonder if the global population of the planet where Hyrule exists, exceeds a few dozen, to a few hundred inhabitants at any given time, not including minions of darkness, that as we all know, are endless in their numbers.

Given all this, I'd much rather see creativity, in naming other regions, continents, and so forth, than simple calling something 'Northern', 'Western', or other '-Hyrule'. The world seems so small, without other nations, and people, so by all means, give it as many as you can create. -f you happen to call one to the west Calatia, fantastic. IIf not, no worries, as Nintendo have retconned that.

On that subject though, there is one project that uses Calatia as a key plot point, that's been simmering for many years, and is rather amazing; yet may not be ready for many more years to come. I think that most people here likely know what I mean, and if not...

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 13 August 2014 - 12:05 AM.

• LinkFan212 likes this

#9 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:25 AM

Holy crap LinkFan212, that is SOO original! My gosh good job!

• LinkFan212 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users