Racing Casual Skype

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#196 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

I'm up for racing again, but I'll pass on LttP. I've played that game enough to last me my whole life, I think.

#197 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

I'm up for racing again, but I'll pass on LttP. I've played that game enough to last me my whole life, I think.

Nonsense! With LttP there is no "enough."

• The Satellite and David like this

#198 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

Nonsense! With LttP there is no "enough."

^ What he said.

I could play LttP about a thousand times and it will never be enough for me lol

• The Satellite likes this

#199 Dr. Mutagen

Dr. Mutagen

Even in the future, nothing works!

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:50 AM

I'd love to join in, although it depends on the kind of game (Game Boy and N64 games are out of the question for me, sadly).  As for suggestions for games we can race, the only two games I can think of at the moment are probably terrible (albeit interesting) ideas:  Ninja Gaiden or Zelda 2 (Don't worry.  I don't claim to be an expert at either game).  But I'm fairly agreeable to almost anything else.

#200 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

Zelda 2 (Don't worry.  I don't claim to be an expert at either game).

I ACCEPT THY CHALLENGE (now watch me ragequit at Death Mountain)

But seriously, should we all do Z3 again? :P

#201 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

That game is pretty long for a vg race if you disallow glitches.

#202 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

So something I've been wondering with some of the longer games out there and varying schedules: would people be up for segmented races for some games?

For example, let's say we are racing Donkey Kong Country (just throwing that off the top of my head). Rather than doing the entire game in one shot, we could do something along the lines of 1 world at a time, making for shorter chunks of racing time that are potentially easier to schedule on the fly. Also, people could break up into smaller groups and do things at their own leisure a bit so long as some sort of deadline is met. Then the overall time would be calculated at the end of all of that. It could also be done somewhat like a tournament depending on how many people are interested.

The one potential disadvantage I see with that is that people entering would probably be absolutely required to record their gameplay so that the final gameplay times can be calculated, whether it be from stream copies on twitch/hitbox/whatever or local recordings that are sent to whoever is organizing the race (though that could lead to some nice thread video content with compilation videos :P ). Of course people could also get bored if the race as a whole takes too long. :shrug:

Of course even if people are fine with this idea, we could also still do one shot marathon races like we have been doing. This is just an idea I'm throwing around for a potential type of race we could do.

On another note, if anyone sent me a request for joining the Skype race chat group in the past month or so, I unfortunately lost it. So feel free to bug me again if I haven't added you. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

Edit: Also, I'd totally be up for an ALTTP race. I didn't get to participate in the last one that happened and I was kind of looking forward to running that game, even if I'm not even remotely into speedrunning. :P

Edited by Nick, 10 July 2014 - 04:23 PM.
ALTTP race

#203 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

Sounds fun, however I dunno about the recording thing for me. I guess I'll need to find a way to overcome that... soon. Either way, I would love to give this idea a shot.

And I also missed the last ALTTP race, so I wouldn't mind joining this one (if it happens), however since I'm over in Britain, the start time might be a little weird and maybe too early for you guys since I know most of you do game-stuff at night.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Racing, Casual, Skype

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users