Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind and Din's Fire

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 01 January 2005 - 03:13 PM

Firstly, I'm assuming that all 3 items work as they did in OoT. (i.e. Faeore's Wind sets a marker you can teleport to, and Nayru's Love creates a barrier for a while)

Well, Faeore's Wind would work well at a teleportation device. A scroll could contain the magic and you could use it as such.

Nayru's Love could be similar, a force gem that creats a force field/barrier/sheild that will temporarily absorb damage.

Just some new thoughts from the think tank.

#17 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 01 January 2005 - 05:11 PM

Possible problem with that Z, I'm not sure if it brings you to the continue point on the dmap, or like when you die, you continue back at the latest "Entrance/Exit" warp. icon_shrug.gif

#18 Banedon

Banedon

Adept

• Members

Posted 01 January 2005 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE(Godsmacker @ Jan 1 2005, 03:13 PM)
Firstly, I'm assuming that all 3 items work as they did in OoT. (i.e. Faeore's Wind sets a marker you can teleport to, and Nayru's Love creates a barrier for a while)

I've never played OOT...probably never will, I hate 3-D games.

#19 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:39 PM

First of all, I would like it to be noted that I held the contents in the size 3 arial font for upwards of an hour, while the site was down. I am extraordinarily proud of myself for that petty feat. Yay me, happy new year and buggy ZC release.

Okay. In order to set up the shield sprite, know that it's a 2x2 entity that fits around Link. From my last experience with it, it was centered about two pixels ABOVE Link's center, rather than centered directly on Link. (Though two pixels is by no means a tragedy. icon_rolleyes.gif )

In order to set it up, go to its Misc: N. Love Shield Front (Or back) sprite, and click on the first tile of the following system of tiles:

Know that it operates like the Eyeball combo, in that it repeats one frame, not 8 times like the eyeball combo, but 4 times. The pattern goes: Upper left, Upper Right, Lower Left, Lower Right. So make the necessary frames, flip 'em if you'd like, .. etc.

#20 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 12:01 AM

Just to clarify, Dark Nation says that Farore's Wind works just like a Wallmaster in terms of how Link gets warped. So less guesswork there.

#21 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 01:22 AM

If you want to be evil, have cukoos protect you. Else, any barrier-ish animation will do.

Anyone noticed that this topic started before 2.10 was released? Coincidense? I hope so. It'd be too weird.

#22 Lonemind

Lonemind

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 01:28 AM

Just to clarify, Dark Nation says that Farore's Wind works just like a Wallmaster in terms of how Link gets warped. So less guesswork there.

Umm... How DOES a wallmaster work?? I can't think of how it does... Does it work in complex dungeons, too?

I've never played OOT...probably never will, I hate 3-D games.
Here, here!! 2D all the way! icon_biggrin.gif

#23 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 10:37 AM

It works by taking Link back to the begining which is very annoying. icon_evil.gif

And yeah it works in big dungeons.

#24 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 09:30 AM

How do the barrier sprites for the Nayru's Love work? It seems quite confusing on how they work, and I even looked at the 210test.qst. Can anyone help?

#25 idontknow

idontknow

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:17 PM

Nayru's Love, when cast, it makes Link shoot out two projectiles that go left & right, followed by sparkles, & both return to him and then create a protective "Shield" around Link, using 4 tiles, set in a 2x2 array.

Nayru's Love is set up using the following sprites, all of which are found in the "Quest->Graphics->Sprites->Weapons/Misc" Menu:

1) Nayru's Love (Left): The projectile that shoots out to the left of link when the spell is cast.

2) Nayru's Love (Left, Returning): The left projectile returning to link.

3) Nayru's Love (Right): The Right projectile shooting out from Link when cast.

4) Nayru's Love (Right, Returning): The Right Projectile returning to Link.

5) Nayru's Love Shield (Front): Used for what appears in front of Link--more complicated to set up--the shield is 2x2 tiles in size, with Link in its center--You must pick the first tile of the top left part of the shield--Let's say you animate the shield to have 4 frames--well, you must draw 16 total tiles for the shield, 4 for each of the 4 parts.

6) Nayru's Love Shield (Back): Same thing, except this shield appears behind Link--think of it as Link being sandwhiched between the Front & Back parts of the shield, thus, using appropriate graphics, you can create a 3D effect, like a bubble or a diamond that link walks in (like in OoT)

7) Nayru's Love Trail (Left): The sparkles that follow the left projectile shooting from Link

icon_cool.gif Nayru's Love Trail (Left, Returning): The sparkles that follow the left projectile as it returns back to Link

9) Nayru's Love Trail (Right): The sparkles that follow the right projectile as it leaves Link

10) Nayru's Love Trail (Right, Returning): The sparkles that follow the right projectile as it returns to Link.

#26 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 January 2005 - 11:33 PM

Thanks Idon'tknow, now I am not confused about that anymore. icon_razz.gif

#27 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:40 AM

Thanks, idontknow. Always good for a fellow veteran to be able to help out. icon_smile.gif

#28 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(cool mike @ Jan 2 2005, 12:07 PM)
It works by taking Link back to the begining which is very annoying. icon_evil.gif

That's what it's supposed to do, and what it's supposed to be used for. If you're halfways throguh a level, and need to get out quick, just use Farore's Wind and it takes you to the door. It's actually very helpful.

#29 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:23 PM

The 2x2 tile thing, you mean like this?

##
##

Where each # is a tile? Is it the same for both Fron and Back sheilds? I think I'm understanding. But wait, do you set up each # or you make one and then it copies the other, or is it some other way? You make just 2 # and then the other is copied? If so, which two? Horizontal or Vertical?

#30 idontknow

idontknow

• Members

Posted 04 January 2005 - 11:33 PM

It is set up like that (for both front & back) but you must make each set of tiles seperately, they're not just flipped.

So the shield is set up as so around Link:
1 2
3 4

So let's say its number of A. Frames is 4, the tiles in the tile page look like so:

where 1 is each frame for the top left, 2 is each frame for the top right, 3 is for each frame on the bottom left & 4 is for each frame on the bottom right.

Same with the back shield, except with a dfiferent set of tiles, got it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users