I'm writing two scripts of my own!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:50 PM

So you want an npc guy that you will talk to and then he'll tell you to press start then warp you to a fake subscreen and then'll explain the sections of the subscreen one by one?

#17 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(Christian @ Dec 15 2008, 05:50 PM) View Post

So you want an npc guy that you will talk to and then he'll tell you to press start then warp you to a fake subscreen and then'll explain the sections of the subscreen one by one?

Yeah, basically. icon_razz.gif

And the other script was for when you get a new task, there will be a sign that says "new task!" at the top right corner that flashes and then disappears. I might want to just make a task script for each task as a whole. The tasks are like, "Will you find this for me?" Or, "Go tell my daughter this!"And stuff like that. The more difficult ones are tracking down certain monsters and slaying them. After you complete the task, the NPC who asked you will have a changed string, and you will most likely recieve an item. Is this even possible...?

#18 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:43 PM

I can do the one where the task will start then the tile will flash and then disappear on the top right hand corner. I can also make the npc tell you to press start then warp you to the fake subscreen for you. And about the other task script, i beleive joe made something similar like that in AkttH. Im going to let him read this thread first to help you on that one.

#19 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:34 AM

Subscreen Explanation = Absolute Genius.

Even if we know how to use the subscreen, the sheer gimmick factor makes it a good inclusion. And I like your idea about the different 'tasks', but as you said, I don't even know if that's possible. Let's hope it is.

Edited by jimmyb, 16 December 2008 - 02:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users