Photo

Screenshot of the Week 147

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 147 (67 member(s) have cast votes)

8 entries this week!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#76 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Dec 5 2006, 08:21 PM) View Post

Perhaps you could improve the Dithering on the tree.

....What's dithering? Do you mean the shading? If so, I decided to go ahead and switch those root tiles with the others I made that had the brownish-red in them (Hey, the tree is SO big, it REQUIRES Csets 3 or 4 of the OoA and OoS palettes in order to look right in them! O_o The "Cset2" function won't work where the roots go to the trunk and the leaves appear, because it's too big, so it won't look right even with the Cset2 function used!). Hey, I thought the form seen in the shot might be bad, so I went ahead and made me some more with the other colors. icon_lol.gif I thought ahead there.

#77 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:29 PM

It's just missing some shading in some areas. Dithering is when you use alternating pixels of 2 colors to simulate another color. It is commonly used in GIF images, where only 256 colors can be used.

#78 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Dec 5 2006, 08:29 PM) View Post

It's just missing some shading in some areas. Dithering is when you use alternating pixels of 2 colors to simulate another color. It is commonly used in GIF images, where only 256 colors can be used.

If you mean on the door, then no chance. I think that'd mess up the look of the tree. See how the tree parts connect? Plus, this is all Oracle-styled stuff (with a few minor palette alterations and some custom tiles here and there....), so the door itself stays that way. But for the sides of the tree on the door, I think I can fix that. Not sure, though. .... icon_unsettled.gif

#79 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:21 PM

You may also want to edit the tiles a bit to make them look better when used a lot on one screen as you have there.

#80 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:10 AM

Look, you don't use a lot of different tiles. 1 type of tree, one big one, and two types of grasses. Not a lot of variety.

#81 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Dec 5 2006, 10:21 PM) View Post

You may also want to edit the tiles a bit to make them look better when used a lot on one screen as you have there.

....I'll try. I won't make any promises, but I'll do what I can. Like I've said before, I'm not good with custom tiles (Though the Slingshots I made for Moonwhisper came out oddly great. O_o), and the tree parts right there attached to the door are custom. They're not very good, but then again, Nintendo's never put that kind of a door into a tree before. XD Perhaps I could try to resize the LADX treehole for this LADX resized tree. Any good suggestions on how to do that? Like, any programs that can resize it?

Look, you don't use a lot of different tiles. 1 type of tree, one big one, and two types of grasses. Not a lot of variety.

Okay. I added more yesterday. I'll post a little update in a little while and see if you like that, or if I should put more. Though I don't have very many overworld tiles left to use.... Oh well. No biggie. If that's the kind of detail you want, then that's the kind of detail you'll get. icon_smile.gif

#82 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:06 PM

Again, NONE OF YOU WILL BEAT ME!!

#83 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:57 PM

That sounds like a challange, Revfan9. I'll make sure to submit something good. icon_king.gif

#84 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:00 PM

I'm telling you, you are never, ever going to beat it. I've really done it this time. I mean, really, really done it. I don't think it's possible to make anything worse.

EDIT: It looks like Sharon wins...

Edited by Revfan9, 07 December 2006 - 04:03 PM.

#85 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(Deathbringer)
I for one never see people saying how Noel can improve his screens despite the fact the one he just won only had good tiles. Otherwise, the design of the screen is crap. Yet, no one really mentioned that and only said, "OMG NOELS IS AWESOME!!" as usual.

I resent that icon_razz.gif And when did ZC-Ninja call me an asshole? I must've overlooked that.

Anyway, Matthew, I know I shouldn't be bringing this up again, but you're a pessimistic emo loser (and I hate emos with a passion). Rather than looking at the CONSTRUCTIVE part of peoples comments, you just look at the part that says "could be better". I know not all comments were constructive, but many of them were and you chose to overlook them. Your problem, not ours. When I said:
QUOTE(NoeL)
Only a small amount of tiles used, could perhaps use some decoration and tile variation
I didn't mean "load the screen with NPCs", I meant add some variety to the environment! EVERY grass tile is the same. EVERY pavement tile is the same. EVERY tree is the same (bar the big one). Even Mr. Z, with the Classic tileset, has ground and tree variety! THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO CHANGE TO MAKE YOUR SHOT BETTER! There, I've spelled it out just as you asked.

#86 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:59 PM

... NoeL, you said you shouldn't be bringing it up again, but you did, anyway...

Aside from that, I'm not sure exactly what would define a perfect screenshot. Would it be the graphics? Maybe. Would it be the variety of tiles in the screenshot? Maybe. Would it be the feeling behind the screenshot? Maybe, and I'll also consider it, as well. Maybe that's what could make a good screenshot. The feeling... Hmmm,...

I wonder what others would say if I asked what would actually make a screenshot what it is. I guess if I took two pics from Twilight Princess, took a picture of a highly graphical piece of rock and took a picture of a special scene from the game, they would both be screenshots, right? But which would be the better screenshot? Looking at the details of the rock, or viewing a picture of a memorable scene?

#87 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 08 December 2006 - 07:29 AM

... I don't understand the point of that post, but I vote for the scene over the rock icon_thumbsup.gif

#88 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:46 PM

Err.. Sir Pimpalot.. Ingens is an edited sprite of Masamune from Chrono Trigger, right? Anyways, I hope you touch up those mountains.. That would be great.

Mr.Z- I love the merging of your styles with the classic tileset.

Revfan-The stone ground conflicts greatly with the grass.

Sharon Daniel-The pallete is great and unifies with the texture. Very pleasing and soft on the eyes.

Edited by Fire Wizzrobe, 08 December 2006 - 11:58 PM.

#89 Johan

Johan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:19 AM

None of the shots really stand out and none of them are really good. When will you submit again Noel? I want to see you beat the crap out of the competition once again with your jaw dropping screenshots!

#90 kevin-1990

kevin-1990

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:50 AM

I voted Sir Pimpalot
cuase I really love the goron guy
ITS LOOK GREAT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users