Final Update, Just Testing Remains

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:22 PM

The latest beta is up. This should be the last version, with only bug fixes before final release.

Since the last beta, some bugs with the non-randomized mode have been fixed and one last secret area has been added. There is also a room available from the first item cave that lists the seed used for the randomizer... but only if you choose to use a seed. This room will not be available in saves from the previous version. In addition, the secret debug room has been made more useful... but it will be removed from the final version since it's for testing and would be very game-breaking to leave in (it basically tells you where the randomly placed items will show up).

Besides testing for any last minute bugs, this is the time to bring up any design issues that could be improved. A bonus dungeon too hard to find without a hint? A poorly placed boss?

Standard item completion is still 133. However...

This is top secret, so don't reveal it without spoilers outside of this topic:

With the semi-obvious bonus content, the item total becomes 200.
With the less obvious bonus dungeons (labeled as such), there are 208 items.
With the really super secret bonus dungeons and location, there are 214 items! Have fun becoming very powerful.

#2 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:43 AM

Finished first dungeon and found a fun bug.

zelda001_zpsbc268804.png

Two identical bottle-like healing spells.

EDIT: Another bug: Black square under armosie.

zelda002_zps6270105f.png

Edited by Alucard648, 03 October 2014 - 04:48 AM.

#3 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:04 PM

Almost found everything.  Two super secret bonus dungeons have some clues to finding them.  Still missing one of the super secret levels.  Searched everywhere, but no luck and really no clues where to search.

In level 15, stairs from square to circle is ok going forwards, but if going backwards in that passage, takes to 1st set of stairs (from triangle to square), one space right of what it should be

Here, not sure how to get this secret.  Tried every item, but no luck.

zelda001_zps6780e9fb.png

Odd combo error on the right with the solid block

zelda002_zpsc3f05657.png

Level things to consider changing

- BS 2-1 - should move lock in upper left corner.  No point in putting a hint room behind a locked door.  Can skip that.  Can move lock in path of item instead

- Gohma in 1-2??  Unlikely to have bow and arrow by then, and you get nothing for it anyway.  Can put different enemy in there

- BS 1-6 - should move lock at start given can skip if have feather or flippers.  Can move lock to lower right to block boss key

- 2-6 - can skip lock just past Gleeok if have feather or flippers.  In room with gap to jump, can move lock from right door to upper door

- 1-7 - given one normally goes up on left side of map to get to expansion item, can skip that lock.  Can move that lock to block up path to boss key, needing 2 keys to get to it

- 1-8 - can remove lock in upper right and take out one key, or can move locked door.  Only a hint room behind it, AND you can get to that room from below.

- BS 1-8 - no point having locked door blocking a hint room.  Can move locked door to anywhere on main path to end

- BS 2-8 - no point having locked door blocking a hint room.  Can move locked door to anywhere on main path to end

- 2-8 - can skip one of the locked doors on the right part of the map if have feather, as can skip from above

- BS 1-9 - no point having locked door blocking path to map.  Can move locked door to main path

- Level 4 seems to have no compass anywhere in the level

Edited by pixcalibur, 13 October 2014 - 01:28 AM.

#4 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:27 AM

Lv 4 - 2nd (Magic Jar) has an odd pushable block in the leftmost room in the second-to-last row. Seems to have been for a secret, but it does nothing. Unusual to be able to push a block that looks like part of a bigger block. (Right half of the upper two-wide block)

Also, cleared BS 1-9, but it did not give me credit for the end-of-level item in the level item count. (Still says 1/2, and I found the other item. Possibly related to the fact it was the other bottle (the one that requires rupees to use) when I had the magic using bottle (which originally filled both slots).)  Correction - it does not count the end-level items for the 9's in the dungeon counts.  For 1-8, it does, but not 9.  This may be intentional.  If so, my apologies.  ^_^

Edited by Ryunaker, 10 October 2014 - 11:23 AM.

#5 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:12 PM

Here, not sure how to get this secret.  Tried every item, but no luck.

zelda001_zps6780e9fb.png

I can't get that one either :(

#6 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

Still missing one of the really secret levels.  Searched everywhere with no luck.  Anyone have any clues on finding this level?

#7 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:04 AM

I can't even figure out how to get to that over world...I feel so ashamed.

#8 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:26 AM

I can't even figure out how to get to that over world...I feel so ashamed.

Do the LINK levels and piece together the clues in order of L, then I, then N, then K

#9 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

Do the LINK levels and piece together the clues in order of L, then I, then N, then K

Mmmmm...does that mean I have to play through the game 4 times?  Or...well, I'll see if I can figure out how else to get to the other LINK levels.

#10 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:10 PM

Nope, once you do one of the levels, you can use the Final Area to access the other letters.

Basically, go to east part of dark world.  Lens to find out what to do.  Go to equivalent screen on light world where raft dock is.  You're not limited to going up and down that screen with the raft...

#11 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:16 PM

Ahhhh...I should have thought of that, on the raft.  I'd already done that with the dark world.  So far the only secret level I've found has the trees.

#12 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

Simply put, you'll need the Lens A LOT.

#13 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:02 AM

So far, I found the Bonus Level Ring, and Tree Territories, for non-numbered secret levels. I'm gonna poke at that one screen some more after I look around further.

Another thing I would consider a bug...the water tiles to a diagonal cannot be entered, either as land or as water.

Lv. 5 - In the fifth column on the map (counting the empty space) from the left, fifth room from the bottom, there are two blocks, with two spike zones between them.  If you try to walk across the block on the right with the ladder, the ladder will extend and carry you across it.

Edited by Ryunaker, 14 October 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#14 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:51 PM

How do you use the debug room? I have entered it and I don't understand it.

#15 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:41 PM

well, don't think the debug is gonna be in the final version.  still looking around for other minor bugs

Edited by pixcalibur, 15 October 2014 - 03:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users