Custom "Level 9 Entrance"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:34 PM

I'm using 2.5 build 655. Is there any way to make a "Level 9 Entrance" room where you need Triforce pieces to enter?
And I'm talking about a number greater than 8.

What I want to do is: on levels 9, 17, and 25, I don't want Link to enter until he completes a Triforce of Wisdom, completes both Wisdom & Courage, and finds all 24 pieces, respectively.

If not, that would make a great 2.5 feature: a room where you need x Triforce pieces to enter, or even better: The quest designer specifies which Triforce pieces (i.e., from specific levels) you need to enter.

A possible format for this: On the Catch All for the "Level 9 Entrance" room type, you get a dialog box,
asking how many Triforce pieces the player needs to enter the room. There's a button next to it, with the words "Specific Triforces" on it.
Click that and you get a box similar to the "Level Items" tab in Init. Data. It has a checklist for the numbers 0-255. And each check box represents the corresponding level's Triforce. That way, the designer can either ask for a number of Triforces (like the Power Stars in Super Mario 64) or require that the player completed specific levels (e.g., levels 9-17; levels 2, 4, and 6;etc.). That would be an awesome feature to have.

#2 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:40 PM

There's a Feature Freeze at the moment.

A script that did that function wouldn't be too complicated however.

Edited by Joe123, 15 November 2007 - 05:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users